100% Completion

#1Dogface5980Posted 7/30/2009 11:49:54 AM
What do you have to do to get 100% completion? Do you just have to beat all of the levels ( including the secret levels ) or do you also have to collect something?
#2Will_1231Posted 7/30/2009 12:52:41 PM
On the original, just clear the 96 goals. The Yoshi Coins will reset when your game is, so there's not really a point in collecting all of them.

In the GBA version, however, Yoshi Coins are a requirement for 100% completion.

---
i was just wonderin if this and other snes games work on the nes - dwm2master
Regrettably, the NES is not forward-compatible with SNES games. - KirbyManiac
#3Dogface5980(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2009 4:33:34 PM
Ok, that's a relief. I'm playing the SNES version and I hate collecting Yoshi coins. I always hated the GBA version because they tweaked it and put in an annoying Italian guy as Mario's voice.
#4KirbyManiacPosted 7/31/2009 8:57:28 AM
Charles Martinet just fakes the Italian accent. But the voices are annoying in the GBA games because they respond to every little thing. I couldn't stand hearing Link's yells every time he swings his sword in GBA Link to the Past either.

Actually... that sort of thing seems to be a problem in too many modern action games. >_>
---
Language is a tool for efficient communication. The Internet is a tool for fast communication. Don't defy both intents by posting incoherent writing.
#5Mad MagePosted 8/2/2009 6:37:13 AM
Amazing the 'improvements' nintendo won't let people turn off as an option. Don't forget you only go down to super mario when you get hit in the GBA version with a fire flower or cape.
#6Will_1231Posted 8/2/2009 12:15:09 PM
Meh, gotta make things easier for the nubz. Hopefully Yoshi + Cape + Cape in reserve (6 hits to die total) is enough for them -_-

---
#7skytravelerPosted 8/3/2009 3:51:03 PM
Well, that power-down aspect was more akin to SMB3 than to any modern trends. I wasn't exactly thrilled they reneged that in SMW in the first place.
---
Look, I'm trying to be a gentleman about this. Just get down on your knees and stick your ass in the air.
-Jack Nicholson (The Two Jakes)
#8Mad MagePosted 8/3/2009 7:01:10 PM
You miss the point. In SMW, you get to keep an item in reserve, meaning you are already more powerful than in SM3. Bringing back the downgrade just to Super Mario when you get hit, means you are practically invincible and the only deaths you will see will be in pits and lava.

I agree, Nintendo, why not make SMW like some of the Wario games. No death! Also, wouldn't it be great if there was a button I could press and the game would play itsself for me? I can dream, can't I? Also, the goombas are too hard. Make them less agile.
#9Aluevius_EPosted 8/4/2009 2:33:07 PM
Yeah, and reduce the accuracy of the flying hammer bros. aim!
#10Will_1231Posted 8/4/2009 8:14:31 PM
Don't forget more levels like Yoshi's Island 3, Donut Plains 4 and Forest of Illusion 1 with Star haxxing for extra lives.

Well, that power-down aspect was more akin to SMB3 than to any modern trends. I wasn't exactly thrilled they reneged that in SMW in the first place.

As Mad Mage said, the point was that it made it way too easy to not die. With two capes (one used, one reserved) and Yoshi, you have to get hit a total of six times (or fall into a pit or lava) to die and the levels are filled with the power-ups, so it's very easy to recover. Keep that in mind with the fact that it's much easier to acquire Blue Yoshis in this version, which only increases the simplicity.

Now, I'm not bashing the entire game, as it is my favorite ever, but I think the GBA version really dumbed down the difficulty to the point where there are only a couple levels that would pose any challenge unless the player really sucked at gaming.

---