Kaizo Mario

#1EpicKirbyPosted 2/18/2010 4:31:37 AM
When i start playing this, i instantly get hit by one of those spiky block dudes that are normally in castles, and i dont know how to avoid it?

Please help. :'[
#2Distant_RainbowPosted 2/18/2010 7:16:27 AM
That's what Kaizo Mario is all about. Watch some Youtube, form your own strategies based on them, grit your teeth, and soldier on, mass-abusing savestates. That's the only way to play it.

At least it's better(read: manageable) than Super Mario Cube Root of 3.
---
Prozium - As long as it's not forced, and if one may choose to take it by one's own volition, it would be a miracle drug for mankind.
#3EpicKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2010 2:19:07 PM
Is Super Mario Cube Root of 3 hard?

Thanks for your help btw :D
#4Distant_RainbowPosted 2/18/2010 2:51:27 PM
More like irritating and frustrating than hard.

I'd recommend Kaizo to people for laughs, but not Cube Root of 3.

Prime example: Right after beating World 1, 2-1 has a part which requires you to be Large Mario to pass. Since there are no powerups and map items to be had, you're pretty much irreversibly screwed there if you haven't managed to preserve one of the rare powerups in World 1.

At least Kaizo was playable to those with patience, time and savestates. Cube Root of 3 forces you to memorize the whole game, forces you in situations where you're cornered and are totally unable to proceed, and laughs in your face. My advice: don't EVER touch Cube Root of 3 if you want to preserve your sanity, unless you can give the hack-game a taste of its own medicine by using cheat codes or such.
---
Prozium - As long as it's not forced, and if one may choose to take it by one's own volition, it would be a miracle drug for mankind.
#5EpicKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2010 10:51:49 PM
http://img132.imageshack.us/i/impossiblew.jpg/

I get hit and no dialogue comes up, like the Youtube vids
#6Distant_RainbowPosted 2/20/2010 12:26:29 AM
That's the intro, right?... You're not supposed to get hit there... >_> maybe hold down right or duck and hope that the dialogue pops up before you get hit, then?...
---
#7EpicKirby(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2010 1:01:32 AM
OMG LOL
THERE WAS A INVISIBLE BRICK i finally found it :D
#8GodOfFruitPosted 2/22/2010 8:23:10 PM
I think you're playing Kaizo 2. Does the beginning of the first level have 5 bullet bill shooters, or a goal that kills you and a pipe to the left? If it's the goal and pipe, you're playing Kaizo 2.
#9anonymous1017Posted 3/13/2010 12:47:33 AM
I've heard somewhere that there's a Kaizo Mario 64.
#10wiiowns7Posted 3/15/2010 6:37:17 PM
Run to the left and jump.
---
red255 on an unopened copy of Earthbound going for $1k
But you have to admit an unopened girlfriend is worth more right?
More topics from this board...
Reuse a P block.KoL_Addict27/9 9:04AM