WarMECH

#1BeadyseaPosted 11/3/2009 4:56:26 PM
Got all the way to the bridge before Tiamat; with my level 21 Knight, Ninja, Red Wizard, and KO'ed White Wizard; got into a fight and thought *thank goodness it wasn't WarMECH*. Then I took like 5 steps and ,bam, WarMECH. I lost in 3 rounds. Nuclear, Fight, Nuclear. I tried to heal but it was all useless because my Red Wizard only knew cure.

This is so frustrating! Has this happened to anyone else.
---
"How can you call him Rush? He is a slow fat man...the only place he's rushing to is Quiznos."--- Bill Hader
#2Random_MagusPosted 11/3/2009 5:05:23 PM
I think this happens to everyone.

Also the correct response to WarMECH is,

"OMFG IT'S WARMECH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHHA!~!~!~!!~!~!!~!!~!~!!~!!!~!!~!!~

MASH RUN FASTER! MASH IT! OMFG!!!!!!!!!eleven~!!!!~!~!!!!"

And then use all your heal potions to counteract NUCLEAR after you get away, then if you still have time you can contemplate why there are plants in space.

Then go kill Tiamat.
#3FlatulentDragonPosted 11/3/2009 7:56:11 PM
WarMECH is pretty much the boss of the Castle by comparison. It's much harder than Tiamat since its physical attacks are almost guaranteed to kill a party member. You'll be praying for physical attacks though, since Nuclear has the potential of literally wiping out everyone in one shot with unbelievably high damage which is not resistable by Ribbons or other equipment. Even a party well prepared to specifically beat WarMECH will have problems if they're hit by a Nuclear, so don't be too surprised if a normal party gets wiped by it.
#4CrazyLazPosted 11/3/2009 8:24:39 PM
My party botched their dice roll vs. luck...big time:

I got a WarMech before reaching Tiamat. I killed him, but lost both my White Wizard and Black Wizard. This left only my Knight & Master....after that battle I had run out of heal potions...and before I could reach Tiamat's room...yes, another WarMech. WTFingH? In theory, I could've defeated WarMech, if I attacked first and he left my Master for last...but yeah, that ain't happening, not when I don the NES controller.
#5Primus_UltimasPosted 11/3/2009 8:57:17 PM
Hey Laz, what version you playing?
#6shadow_master01Posted 11/3/2009 11:40:46 PM
Sounds like the NES version as I believe that at one point in the encounter cycle you meet Warmech and then meet it again one or two battles latter.

Though with the improved RNG it is possible in latter versions but much more unlikely as Warmech has been moved down to the rarest encounter on the floor not the second rarest.

I hit this combo when I was doing my Solo BW. Poor Brin didn't make it to Tiamat that trip.
---
A trick, if done properly, is magic. ~Wizards First Rule
#7DragonFistAbysiPosted 11/4/2009 2:30:29 AM
If this happens, I generally make this face http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/snapshot20060529172633.jpg and go back for revenge.
---
Lost Abysi author
http://www.lostabysi.net
#8CrazyLazPosted 11/4/2009 5:47:00 AM
Sounds like the NES version as I believe that at one point in the encounter cycle you meet Warmech and then meet it again one or two battles latter.

You would be correct, and on an original cartridge, no less.

In fact, I didn't think I'd ever see myself playing the original ever again, not after playing through Origins and Dawn of Souls multiple times...but then I realized just how fun it is to exploit a few bugs, even though said bugs also tend to exploit my party. ^_^
#9SchlossRitterPosted 11/4/2009 8:46:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/SchlossRitter#grid/user/56E8D8C7B1E2C110
---
`
Nothing to see here. Move along.
#10ChaseXtremePosted 11/4/2009 2:07:25 PM
1/3 of the time I would run into him on first journey to Sky Castle on way to Taimat. Never when just leveling up. And in order to beat him I have to grind levels higher than I would for Chaos unless I have about two Masters.
I sometimes can beat him in Origins if I have a White Wizard since LIF2 is available in battle but in Origins WarMech has 2000 HP and regains 100 per round.
---
Topics killed in 2009: 864
Do not consume fruits and nuts because you are what you eat.