Evil Wall

#1Moogle_MasterPosted 6/27/2012 7:21:11 PM
He's pretty much impossible, and I've tried all the tricks! Jump, virus, Edge throws but nothing works..... Maybe I'm a bit low leveled?
#2BareknuckleRooPosted 6/27/2012 10:48:51 PM
Have you tried equipping the Avenger Sword on Cecil? I find it quite useful there. Also ensure you have the best gear possible on everyone. Also consider using Aim with Rosa if she has a good bow, she might tip the scales damagewise and help you nab that victory.
#3Deathlike2Posted 6/27/2012 11:58:38 PM
Slow is your best friend, when casted twice against a boss.

It also helps to have obtained Leviathan from the Land of Summoned Monsters and the Avenger Sword from the Cave of Sylphs.
#4Moogle_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 6/28/2012 3:28:58 PM
I have been thinking about heading to the caves to get some items, everybody is around level 34 if that's too low. Maybe i should level up, and you would want to be strong enough to fight Leviathan. He can do pretty good damage.
#5kratos9797Posted 6/29/2012 10:22:24 AM
Whats your battle speed set at? 1 or 6? 1 is fastest and 6 is slowest, for Evil Wall you should have it set at 4, 5 or 6 if you want to have a better chance at beating it and also put battle on wait so that Evil Wall's atb isn't running when you're in your menus trying to choose items/magic.
---
Kratos9797, Official leader of the Shieka Shadow Corp and member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#6Moogle_Master(Topic Creator)Posted 7/3/2012 4:51:07 PM
kratos9797 posted...
Whats your battle speed set at? 1 or 6? 1 is fastest and 6 is slowest, for Evil Wall you should have it set at 4, 5 or 6 if you want to have a better chance at beating it and also put battle on wait so that Evil Wall's atb isn't running when you're in your menus trying to choose items/magic.

Thanks for the advice, i finally managed to beat him, though he did crush Rydia at very end of the battle, so i beat him just in the nick of time.
#7Nicholas HarveyPosted 7/11/2012 12:27:54 PM(edited)
For those who still have trouble on this boss:

I don't go to the Sylph Cave or the Land of Monsters until after this bit (the way the enemies are levelled seems to suggest that you do Sealed Cave first), but Evil Wall isn't too tough even without Slow, Avenger Sword, or Leviathan. First of all did you find the weapon upgrades in this cave? You can get a Light Sword for Cecil, and (I think) Ninja Sword for Edge at this point. Their offenses should each be over 100. And how are your levels? Does Rosa know the Wall spell yet? That will help you defeat all of the Trap Doors quickly so you can reach the treasures they're guarding. And if you have Wall, your levels are more than enough to handle this boss.

During the battle, use Rosa's turns to cast Bersk on Cecil, Kain, and Edge in that order. Yes Kain should do more damage berserked than jumping, since he hits much more often, plus berserked characters hit 50% harder. Edge should be the last to be berserked so he can Dart some shurikens or old swords first. Rydia should use Virus each time, it's faster and cheaper than Titan. Don't waste turns healing partial petrification, you'll probably finish the battle before anyone fully turns to stone. You only will have two people you can control, but put your trust in the Bersk! Use Rosa's turns to cast Cure spells on your front men, they are more important than Rydia and can take more hits anyway.
---
Current Mario Kart ranks (http://www.mariokart64.com/):
SMK- Emperor F, MK64- Elite B, MKSC- Hero C, MKDD- Hero D, MKDS- Expert D, MKW- Hero D