Help with Piston Honda? (2nd Match)

#1king_gimpyPosted 7/11/2008 2:27:39 PM
I just can't seem to beat him and the videos on youtube make it look so easy. It's rather embarrassing.
---
Angels cried, as the rain poured...
Feathers fell...they'll fall no more.
#2king_gimpy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2008 2:29:40 PM
...aaaaaand, I just beat him, but it was because he went to do his move where he repeatedly punches at you in rapid succession, I managed to land a body blow beforehand and he went down.

Was that a fluke? He didn't even get back up.
---
Angels cried, as the rain poured...
Feathers fell...they'll fall no more.
#3alexnobodyPosted 7/11/2008 3:14:44 PM
You can't dodge his rapid punches. You need to block (hold down, press again for each punch) or give him a body blow. He will go down, no matter what his health.
#4VisionRing30Posted 7/11/2008 4:20:26 PM
Though sometimes you'll just get a star instead of knocking him down.
---
"Laughter is the countdown of devastation."- Killer 7, end of Sunset
#5GeauxTigersPosted 7/25/2008 9:55:26 AM
Getting the body shot when he comes in for the piston punch is the easiest way to KO him. If he doesn't go down, or you miss, you can also get a ton of stars on him throughout the fight just by punching him. When he's standing there, before he twitches his eyebrows, just punch him in the face. He'll block two for every one you land (so you'll eat up your hearts pretty quickly), but most of the shots you land should give you stars.
Then, just dodge, stun and unload.
#6Alex12345269Posted 8/7/2008 11:06:44 AM
It took me a lot of tries too but now I'm stuck on Soda Popinski hehehe.
---
The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!
#7TithenionPosted 8/8/2008 10:23:56 AM
Just practice dodging the punches. If you can dodge and get back in more quickly then you can score more hits on him and beat him faster.

He can be a bit tough to take down in the first round, so what you should try is to get his energy really low and then keep it there until the end of the first round. That way it'll be easier to get a TKO in round 2.
---
ITT: people who think westernized names are standard. - Kabuki Tanooki
I live in the East coast and I hear all this crap - Audiosol
#8Psycho_PenquinPosted 8/13/2008 2:54:19 PM
This is the boss I've been stuck on since I started replaying last night. I need to get my timing down better.
---
Psycho Penguin rules!
MDTerp4Life | Games Beaten in 2008: 25 (Goal: 52)
#9brian sulpherPosted 8/16/2008 5:24:19 AM
If you do not have the timing on his rush attack, PH2 can be a real pain.
---
77 FAQs for games never covered at www.GameFAQs.com.
Redemption is only three fights away