Pixel Perfect: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Book)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
  3. Pixel Perfect: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Book)

User Info: Akumadevil3

Akumadevil3
4 years ago#1
Basic marketing site up at: http://pixelperfectbooks.com

Enjoy!

User Info: DanielTKO

DanielTKO
4 years ago#2
Your book looks awesome, Daniel, it should be a knockout, man!

The layout is cool and page 8 really has me intrigued haha :). That fan should mass produce his/her homebrew Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! figures, as they'd probably sell well!

I always wondered why Nintendo never bothered releasing a Little Mac vs Mike Tyson Nintendo trophy/statue, as most of the other characters in the game were featured.

User Info: W_R

W_R
4 years ago#3
What will a print version cost?

Akumadevil3
4 years ago#4
The hardcover will be around US$100 on Kickstarter (one time only) and US$200 from then on.

Not cheap due to the fact I'm self-publishing in very small quantities. Prices are (literally) within a few dollars of cost...

User Info: ConeBone666

ConeBone666
4 years ago#5
Akumadevil3 posted...
The hardcover will be around US$100 on Kickstarter (one time only) and US$200 from then on.

Not cheap due to the fact I'm self-publishing in very small quantities. Prices are (literally) within a few dollars of cost...

So are you taking a $100 loss on every book sold via Kickstarter, or are you pocketing an extra $100 for every sale afterwards?

Sorry but when I think about what you just said it seems baffling either way.

User Info: mitsguy2001

mitsguy2001
4 years ago#6
Is this book available only by purchasing a $100 hardcopy? I would have been interested in the book, but I'm sorry, but I cannot spend that much money on a book for an NES game.

Akumadevil3
4 years ago#7
Kickstarter project is up!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1607016995/pixel-perfect-mike-tysons-punch-out

To clarify about the price, Kickstarter will allow me to place a bulk order and get a discount of approximately 45%. Add Kickstarter and credit card fees and I may make a small loss (dollar or two) on each book...!

The book will be available as a $10 eBook for those who are interested but can't justify the cost.

I would love to price the book cheaper and/or offer a softcover option, but for a first attempt (and no industry contacts) this is the best I can do.

Thanks.

User Info: mitsguy2001

mitsguy2001
4 years ago#8
How do I get the $10 e-book? I don't have an e-book reader. Can i read it on my computer, or on an iPod Touch? Thanks.

W_R
4 years ago#9
Well I'd love to buy the book, but I can't shell out $100 for it. Sorry. :(

W_R
4 years ago#10
Also according to the page it' actually $125.
  1. Boards
  2. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
  3. Pixel Perfect: Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (Book)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
{Blindfolded Journal}DanielTKO3241/11 4:52PM