Glass Joe dodged my Star Punch.

#11strife14467Posted 2/12/2013 4:13:13 PM
Not only have I never seen Glass Joe dodge a star punch, but that video also showed me one other thing I had never seen before.... round 2 and 3 against Glass Joe.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3, and XBOX
#12mooreandrew58Posted 2/25/2013 1:02:59 AM
ive seen round 2 with glass joe plenty of times, but mainly cause I used to only ever counter punch instead of using him as a punching bag. though using the counter punch method I did manage to score a one hit ko on him. but that didn't suprise me too much
#13sinister2424Posted 3/7/2013 12:28:10 PM
This is a really good find. I also recently found out that Piston Honda 1 can dodge star punches as well. There is a vid I can link if anyone cares to see.
#14EkaSwede(Topic Creator)Posted 3/7/2013 11:17:53 PM
Von Kaiser as well, but he's pretty easy to deliver star punch after star punch as long as you do not stun him.

Don't know about Mike tyson/Mr Dream, though.

As for Sandman, I don't think he's ever programmed to dodge them. When I went through 2 rounds of nothing, I farmed stars at the third round, and delivered as many uppercuts as I could.

The only "Dodge" would be his uppercuts of his own, since he ducks.
---
I am lefthanded, right? No thats Left! Anyone Left? No everyone's Right! It's to the Right! No that's Wrong! - Me
#15sinister2424Posted 3/8/2013 11:19:58 AM
Tyson/Mr. Dream can definitely dodge. I have yet to hear of anyone reporting a Mr. Sandman dodge either which makes him the only fighter that cannot dodge a star punch. I can't remember if Don Flamenco 1 can dodge a star, he is another one who might not be able to.

King Hippo would be an interesting case, but a ROM hack would be the only way of finding that out.
#16EkaSwede(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2013 12:24:55 PM
Flamenco 1 can dodge. But only after... .4 star punches.

King Hippo doesnt' yield stars, and has no dodge animation at all. Heck, even if you star punch him, he doesn't react.
---
I am lefthanded, right? No thats Left! Anyone Left? No everyone's Right! It's to the Right! No that's Wrong! - Me
#17mrturkPosted 3/9/2013 2:52:23 PM
EVERY opponent with the exception of King Hippo is capable of dodging. In the case of Sandman there are actually 2 dodging animations (the most common seen is the case of him dodging a normal face jab by Mac and the second being the rarely seen star uppercut dodge). The reason I know is because I prepared a special star dodging chart for the new, revised MTPO coffee table book showing when and why each opponent dodges. In the case of Sandman it takes 5 unstunned uppercuts before he begins to dodge. However, he still may not dodge after that if you use stunned uppercuts and/or the uppercut intercepts one his attacks. My advice it you want to see him dodge is to try using stars as he is preparing for his dreamland express in R3 when he is just standing there. As you were asking about Don 1 he will take a maximum of 2 unstunned and/or stunned uppercuts before beginning to dodge. The same applies for Don 2. If anybody wants to see the complete chart or a video of Sandman dodging let me know.