Greatdrak breeding problem

#1nickasummersPosted 8/4/2009 5:30:17 PM
It was my understanding that
Dragon(creature, not family) + Dragon(again, creature, not family) should result in a Greatdrak if the resulting monster is +4 or higher.
I have a dragon+3 level 21 and a dragon+2 level 26. when i breed them i get dragon+5, not Greatdrak+5... what gives? I sure hope it isn't the emulator i put on my ds that is at fault for this...
#2RoleOfAQSPosted 8/4/2009 10:41:21 PM
Wait, you scored an Emulator for your DS? Where? Please tell me it's for the DSi, the only reason I got one was for Virtual Console, and it doesn't look like they'll be making one for handhelds after all...

Er, I mean...

Try it again. I think it means that you need the base to be +5 or something. I'm seeing something similar when I try to breed a Wonder Egg, after all. I'll be testing the +5 thing later on...
---
A new dawn will come, with Golden Sun DS
Nintendo... your conferences are boring as heck, but that was made of win.
#3Dark RPG Wizard 06Posted 8/5/2009 6:36:17 AM
The SNES emulator is pretty lousy. GBC and GB look to be glitchy but workable.

And no, it has NOTHING to do with your emulating. One of the parents needs to be +4. (And DragonKid and Dragon are BOTH +4 and +4, not +5)

This is different from the first DWM, where it was the sum. Try it again with another Dragon and it should work.
---
*Casts Doom on everything* You all must now feel the pain that I have felt...DIE!
#4RoleOfAQSPosted 8/5/2009 10:01:50 AM
That's good to know (though I'm disappointed with my findings on how to get that wonder egg... grrr....).

Any other + requirements that aren't the usual +5?
---
#5nickasummers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2009 1:35:43 PM
Okay thank you, I'll try that.

And as for the emulator on my DS, its lameboyDS v0.11 on an R4. you can get something equivalent to an R4 that works on the DSi, and the emulator runs most ROMs that i have tested. I have never had it crash on me yet. LameboyDS supports saving just like a normal game, or using a save state, but either way you need to press X to actually save (ie after saving in game, you press x to confirm the save if you are letting it save normally)
#6RoleOfAQSPosted 8/6/2009 10:36:42 AM
Nah, can't. Nintendo made sure that nothing like that works on the DSi. Ah well. Maybe I can find some place that lets you use these things from a SD card...
---
#7nickasummers(Topic Creator)Posted 8/16/2009 9:10:02 PM
The homebrew devices that existed before the DSi do not work on the DSi but im pretty sure there are new ones now that do work.