Freezes computer at loading, have to reboot every time

#1jakeDiLLaPosted 1/26/2013 7:54:48 PM
I decided to post this here on the off chance someone else has had this exact same issue and has been able to fix it (bit of a stretch, I know) but it is on sale for $2.50 right now on steam so I figure what the hell.

First, here are my specs

i5 3570k OC'd
Intel HD 4000 (less than ideal but Deus Ex HR works fine on low)
8gb ddr3
Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus
Windows 8 Pro

I got the game to actually work (version 1.0) by using taskassign so it would only run it on 1 core but with poor results. Framerate was too low to be playable and the graphics seemed like they were broken, like as if there was something wrong with direct x maybe.

I tried updating to 1.2 and it went back to freezing at loading screen.

Right now I'm gonna try installing Windows XP to a spare hdd I have and will report back with results. Was really looking forward to playing this for the first time after I finished HR and Deus Ex 1.
#2jakeDiLLa(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:04:24 AM
Just in case anyone having a similar issue ever comes across this post, I managed to fix the problem and the game runs great now. I removed all my overclock settings and returned the CPU back to its 3.4 ghz stock speed and it worked. Didn't get a great framerate so I did some tweaks using the guides at eidosforums and then OC'd the CPU to 3..7ghz and the RAM to 1600mhz. Game runs beautifully now on high settings with 1x multisampling. In 1080p too ;)