this is being discounted on gog, should I buy this?

#1bybyrPosted 9/13/2013 4:09:52 AM
Hey guys, I enjoyed deus ex HR and just purchased deus ex GOTY on gog since square enix having sale at the moment. however I read a lot of bad reviews for this game, should I purchase this as well or not?
#2Mouser05Posted 9/14/2013 12:01:52 PM
bybyr posted...
Hey guys, I enjoyed deus ex HR and just purchased deus ex GOTY on gog since square enix having sale at the moment. however I read a lot of bad reviews for this game, should I purchase this as well or not?

The negative reviews are mainly based on the fact that Invisible War is not as good as the first Deus Ex; however, as a standalone title, it is still a pretty fun experience. If you enjoy the first Deus Ex, then you will probably enjoy Invisible War as well.

At first the plot develops in a relatively slow manner that does not appear to be related to the previous Deus Ex, but I can assure you that it does amount to something relative to the game's mid-point.
---
He's quack and he's back!
#3bybyr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 3:55:23 PM
I just tried to play deus ex goty. looks harder than deus ex HR (Especially because you don't have map that shows enemy position). I guess I will just buy it another time, I'm not sure I will be able to finish deus ex goty.
#4Mouser05Posted 9/14/2013 4:44:05 PM
bybyr posted...
I just tried to play deus ex goty. looks harder than deus ex HR (Especially because you don't have map that shows enemy position). I guess I will just buy it another time, I'm not sure I will be able to finish deus ex goty.

On what difficulty are you playing? Invisible War is easier than the original once you get the sniper rifle and poisoned knife, but it can be a little challenging until that point in time-- depending on the difficulty level, of course.
---
More like... BURNT TOAST.
#5bybyr(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 4:52:29 PM
I'm still playing on training and was having difficult time of playing stealth. I just realized deus ex doesn't have the handy map that shows enemy location like the one in deus ex HR. I really depend my life on that when playing deus ex HR.