Tier list?

#1rEd_ChEEsE64Posted 9/15/2008 5:42:24 PM
Well I searched for tier on this board I found some, but they might be outdated, so just to make sure what is the tier list now

oh and is there a tier list with weapons being avaible because weapons I think make the game a lot more fun, but that's just me.
---
Diamond FC: 1547 6753 4063
#2blindhobo13Posted 9/15/2008 7:42:00 PM
Well I searched for tier on this board I found some, but they might be outdated, so just to make sure what is the tier list now

oh and is there a tier list with weapons being avaible because weapons I think make the game a lot more fun, but that's just me.

I don't think people have played this competitively in like 3 years or something...so I wouldn't call it outdated since the metagame hasn't changed.

weapons are dumb
---
I've already taken the form of a monster known as the Nightmare Penguin, you fool!
#3rEd_ChEEsE64(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2008 5:50:56 PM
ya your right and I love the weapons
---
Diamond FC: 1547 6753 4063
#4ShaolinAcePosted 10/5/2008 4:10:47 PM
Someone needs to post the tier list. Though I know X, Mitsurugi and Yoshimitsu are top.
---
Ace's place for chilling space.
http://danceandstomp.net/forum/index.php
#5Unknown_Gamer11Posted 11/1/2008 5:07:06 AM
I'm pretty sure Cerv and X are top, Ivy, Yoshi, and Mitsu are in high, Yunsung and Link are bottom, Astaroth and Raphael are low. Not sure on others.
---
"Mmm, great!" -Sun Jian, the Tiger of Jiang Dong
#6Black_ShadowGXPosted 11/30/2008 12:34:59 AM
Top:
Xianghua
Cervantes

High:
Ivy Valentine
Mitsurugi
Yoshimitsu
Heihachi

Mid:
Everyone else including Spawn & Necrid

Low:
Lizardman
Raphael
Astaroth
Maxi

Bottom:
Yunsung

Crap:
Link

From what I heard over the web.
---
"Take me on Falcon, or are you going to run away with your tail between your legs?" - Black Shadow, F-Zero GX
#7blindhobo13Posted 12/2/2008 10:00:55 PM
Top:
X
Ivy
Cerv
Yoshi

High:
Mitsu
Taki
Cass
Sophitia

Mid:
Kilik
Talim
Nightmare
Mina
Voldo

Low:
Astaroth
Raphael
Maxi

Bottom:
Yun

Something like that.
---
I've already taken the form of a monster known as the Nightmare Penguin, you fool!
#8KHCloud_StrifePosted 12/8/2008 7:00:27 PM
Sophita's Heaven Arch makes her top tier.
---
Like Balls? Try Pokemon. Like Cards? Try Yu-Gi-Oh. Like Cards & Balls? Try Bakugan.
~Marth Player~
#9legendxphenomPosted 12/15/2008 5:30:11 AM
What are the tiers based of off? I usually think they're rubbish because a lot of people think a character sucks because they can't master it themselves.
#10AgedtopPosted 12/15/2008 11:45:38 AM
Imagine that you have a character that has no attacks, can't side step, and can't block. You can master that character instantly. Everyone can because you can't do anything with it. Imagine another character that wins instantly without you doing anything. You can master that character instantly too. Based on this which character is high tier and which character is low tier? Of course this situation is extreme. There's no such situation in SCII, however just the fact that the characters are different is enough to be able to debate about seperating them into tiers.

Think of the characters as the weapons and the players as the fighters. Hypothetically if you had two equally and highly skilled fighters that were equally skilled with every and any weapon, then wouldn't you say the fighter with the better weapon would win? Of course statistically he wouldn't win everytime. There's a number of factors that decide who wins, luck, distractions etc. But if Xianghua is making the top 5 at numerous tournaments then you can't just ignore that.

I usually think they're rubbish because a lot of people think a character sucks because they can't master it themselves.

You make an interesting point here. Because many people will pick a high tiered character and expect to beat their friends or whatever. But the fact is tiers don't even start to apply until you play the character like the pros can. It's like believing that a $300 tennis racquet is going to make you a pro at tennis. On the other hand, you have people who do play these characters to their full potential as we know it. And based on this we see that the higher tiered characters win. That's what tiers are based on. High level play.

The only fighting game without tiers would be the fighting game where all the characters are identical. I have no idea if such a game exists. I think everyone needs to understand that tiers aren't there to decide which character to play. They exist to tell you what you're up against. If you're fighting with a sword, you might fight differently if you knew everyone else had guns.

I hope this clears things up

ps excuse the rambling and typoes and what not

---
http://i25.tinypic.com/339udlw.gif