This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sonic Multiplayer

#1KK_SmoothPosted 7/8/2009 3:57:34 PM
Does this game contain the best multiplayer mode in the sonic series? If not which sonic game does?
I thought it was alright, i mean what other sonic games had any multiplayer at all? I could name a few, sonic 2 was alright but i'm looking for something a little more or less the last few years. Any thoughts?
#2_Taidow_Posted 7/8/2009 6:15:51 PM
Sonic Adventure DX- Only the GameGear games have multiplayer.

Heroes- The multi-player has variations but the only good one is Expert Race, which is unlocked after getting all emblems. Not worth it.

Shadow- Multiplayer just sucks here.

'06- Ugh. 'nuff said.

Secret Rings- A decent Mario Party rip-off.

Black Knight- Meh. Its gets boring way too fast.

The spin-offs have great multiplayer though

Sonic Riders Series
Sonic Rush Series (SRA has online)

The Sonic Rivals Series have a decent multiplayer....
---
SatBK Friend Code: 1075-6375-7068 (Other FCs in Contacts)
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature
#3CrazySephiPosted 7/9/2009 7:42:15 AM
^How can they have decent multiplayer when the actual game sucks?
---
"The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain" - V for Vendetta.
#4KK_Smooth(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2009 8:08:54 AM
Oh ya i did enjoy the Sonic Riders, I never looked into Sonic Rush, I'm gonna go do that. So when it comes to mainstream Sonic. A2B is where it's at multiplayer wise
#5Delta123456789Posted 7/9/2009 4:58:09 PM
Yeah, Rush has multiplayer which is okay, as did Advance 1 (don't know about 2 and 3). Sonic Battle did too, but obviously with very different gameplay. This is probably the best of the console 3D Sonics seeing as you have a number of game modes and a decent number of stages, but its still a little basic what with the lack of options (e.g. no 'no special moves' option).

SA2 also may not be the most accessible game compared to 2D ones seeing as it takes a while to understand grinding, tricks etc. and as you'll have a big advantage if you know the stages.
---
"The Dream of Zeal is alive." - In memory of Chrono Trigger: Crimson Echoes
#6TheDarkBJPosted 7/9/2009 5:08:53 PM
I think Sonic Battle (the GBA Sonic fighting game, not SA2:B) has the best multiplayer, then again, getting everyone with a copy of the game and a link cable is annoying...
---
Internets won= 19
#7kagome122Posted 7/10/2009 8:57:36 PM
Which consoles?

I've tried~
Secret Rings
Riders
Heroes
Shadow

I don't encorage~
Shadow

Try for~
SR
Riders

I cant say anything about what I haven't listed, since I don't own/never tried.
---
Currently playing: SatSR, Sonic 06, SUGC.