This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does WoW keep crashing for you?

#1TheEXODUSPosted 10/16/2010 12:10:13 PM
Since the patch it keeps crashing at random times... Some load screens, happened in EotS the second I clicked on the flag to pick it up TWO times, and once as I took a step in H OCC.

What the hell is going on with WoW... I have been raiding weekly for MONTHS and had no issues. I patch. Then it starts happening.
---
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. - George Orwell
[last.fm/user/rileyhitz]
#2bamboozle6639Posted 10/16/2010 12:11:24 PM
nah i have a computer that was made within the last 10 years.
---
11/9/2004 - 4/15/2010 Never forget
halo reach more like reach for the power button this is so bad
#3AllGodsDiePosted 10/16/2010 12:13:49 PM
certain addons do it
#4TheEXODUS(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2010 12:20:16 PM
Must be an addon that did it.

And FWI I built mine this year.
Specs:
Phenom X4 940
9g GSkill RAM
Radeon HD5830
Win 7 64b
150g 10k rpm Raptor drive

I highly doubt it's my computer.

---
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. - George Orwell
[last.fm/user/rileyhitz]
#5TheEXODUS(Topic Creator)Posted 10/16/2010 12:20:53 PM
And do we know what addons are causing crashes?
---
[last.fm/user/rileyhitz]
#6mooninomicsPosted 10/16/2010 12:23:20 PM
All I have is Omen, but I find that I often get disconnected/locked up while:

- Minimizing/tabbing during a flight path.
- Being on a flight path, having LFD go off, and entering the dungeon.
- Being on a flight path, having a BG go off, and entering the BG.
- Logging out of one character and back onto another quickly.

Or are you talking about actual crashes, like with errors and stuff?
---
^ You can't un-read it.
Fighting intelligence with idiocy since 2004.
#7sithgod513Posted 10/16/2010 12:24:15 PM
this latest patch has messed abunch of stuff up for me, my game just crashed about 20 mins ago for the first time but im having serious fps problems, and my pc is more than fine it has ran wow with the highest settings for some time now.
---
--
The only thing I feel when I kill is the recoil from my rifle. If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#8MagnumElite117Posted 10/16/2010 12:24:55 PM
I had crashes too and I ran the repair tool and it completely fixed it. Have you tried that yet?
#9Gamerzero07Posted 10/16/2010 12:42:38 PM
depends, are you overclocking your computer? if so you might have it set to high and crashing your computer.
got enough ram?
install any third party software/programs? that can crash/fry your computer.
how old is your computer? and can it hand games?
have a big enough video card to handle WoW? same with ram.
are your drivers up to date?

you might wanna go through all that, do some updates, update some drivers if yah need.
or tune down your wow settings. that can really crash wow all the time!!!!! * whispers* i know.. happened to me..
lol.
---
________( ) ==== ()________________________
I_iiiii__/'''''''''[{]'''' ''''{__________}'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
#10Sephiroth C RyuPosted 10/18/2010 9:42:04 AM
Odds are he is talking about the so-called mage table bug.

Which would be better named the cogwheel bug. It seems to occur on certain instance servers only, as it never seems to be an issue on the main world map.

Essentially, mousing over a useable object like a mage table, flag, the headless horseman pumpkin, etc. will cause the crash. This seems to have something to do with the server that particular instance is on, because you can play the exact same instance without the problem before and after getting the issue so long as it has a different ID.

---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces*