This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are the 80-85 leveling areas?

#1rct two rules 3Posted 11/28/2010 6:50:52 PM
Haven't been following much but I am picking Cata up so it would be great to know this. ^_^
---
The original rct.
Currently Playing: FoF, SC2, Halo: Reach, Black Ops
#2pegusus123456Posted 11/28/2010 6:51:55 PM
* Neutral Mount Hyjal: Level 80-82 zone in northern Kalimdor. Originally planned for the first release of the game, then later utilized as a Caverns of Time raid instance, Mount Hyjal focuses on the druids' defense of the world tree from the Twilight's Hammer and Ragnaros's forces.
* Neutral Vashj'ir: Level 80-82 underwater zone off the western coast of the Eastern Kingdoms. This zone is further split into three major subzones: the Kelp'thar Forest, the Shimmering Expanse, and the Abyssal Depths. Shipwrecked by tendrils of an Old God, adventurers must fight for survival against the naga forces out to enslave Neptulon.
* Neutral Deepholm: Level 82-83 zone within the elemental plane of earth. Access to Deepholm has been opened by Deathwing's return to the world through the Maelstrom. The Earthen Ring scramble to recover the World Pillar fragments stolen by the Twilight's Hammer, initially opposed but later assisted by Therazane's forces.
* Neutral Uldum: Level 83-84 zone in southern Kalimdor. A Titan refuge hidden by ancient technology for millenia, this vast desert, filled with archaeological treasures, is now fought over by the invading elemental forces of Al'Akir and Uldum's native residents, the Ramkahen.
* Neutral The Twilight Highlands: Level 84-85 zone in Khaz Modan of the Eastern Kingdoms, disputed by Alliance and Horde settlers (the Wildhammer clan and Dragonmaw clan, respectively) and disrupted by Twilight's Hammer operatives.
* Neutral Tol Barad: Level 85 end-game zone off the coast of Lordaeron in the Eastern Kingdoms. It separated into two subzones: an Outdoor PvP zone in the style of Wintergrasp, and the Tol Barad Peninsula, a daily quest hub akin to the Isle of Quel'Danas. The two zones are instanced, and thus accessed via portals or the battleground queuing system and not via the open world.

---
What's the difference between a Scourge and a Forsaken?
One drops loot when it dies, the other drops group when it dies. - Sulticune
#3rct two rules 3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2010 7:16:08 PM
Thank you very much.
---
The original rct.
Currently Playing: FoF, SC2, Halo: Reach, Black Ops
#4Slayer1217Posted 11/28/2010 7:19:48 PM
How is the underwater zone going to work? I hope you don't have to swim through the whole thing, that would be horrible.
#5vklomskulePosted 11/28/2010 7:27:57 PM
How is the underwater zone going to work? I hope you don't have to swim through the whole thing, that would be horrible.

You do, but you get a buff that lets you breathe underwater and swim at epic mount speed, and then later you get a 280% underwater mount.
---
Here, I thought we were friends. And now, you have a gun in my face.
GT: Mr Anderson 542
#6_AdjI_Posted 11/28/2010 7:33:03 PM
Indeed. The impression I've gotten from beta people is that it actually works really well.
---
This topic needs more Monster. Seriously, go watch it now.