This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

recommend keybinding setup for extra action bars?

#1MakeHatePosted 12/1/2010 7:32:20 AM
So I just recently started, and my first action bar is full, so I installed Bartender. What are some ways you guys have your other keys mapped for the rest of your bars? Should I maybe use F1-F12? Look for suggestions to try cutting down on the trial and error for ease of use.
---
10/4/10 - The day a modded message that I disputed was overturned by another mod. I finally won!
#2pegusus123456Posted 12/1/2010 7:34:31 AM
QERS

Ignore S if you're tanking, since that's one instance where backing up is useful. QE are the strafe buttons, but you can do that with the mouse or you can rebind AD to strafe.

Make modifer macros so you can do more with a single button. For example:

/cast [mod:alt] Life Tap; Incinerate

If you hold alt, that'll cast Life Tap. If you hold nothing, it'll cast Incinerate. You can replace that with spells as you see fit and you can change the modifer to ctrl and shift.
---
What's the difference between a Scourge and a Forsaken?
One drops loot when it dies, the other drops group when it dies. - Sulticune
#3AssultTankPosted 12/1/2010 7:35:23 AM
I generally use `-5, F1-F5, and the shift and alt versions of those...

Then a couple of odd keybinds for things here and there... Like the period and comma for mounting.

Then I have some of my more useful non-combat spells on 6 - = and my conjuring spells on [ and ]
---
Ministers say that they teach charity. This is natural. They live on alms. All beggars teach that others should give. -- Robert Green Ingersoll
---
#4MakeHate(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2010 7:37:46 AM
So for now, I could just stick with the 1 through + keys, and just have an alt set up too?
I still hit Q and E on accident while moving, so I might leave those alone til I get a little better
at movement. Also, would I set up the macros in the normal macro area, or is the something in Bartend
that it should be set up?
---
10/4/10 - The day a modded message that I disputed was overturned by another mod. I finally won!
#5pegusus123456Posted 12/1/2010 7:39:38 AM
Normal macro area. Most people only really use the 1-5 buttons seriously (maybe a 6) because it's really all you can reach comfortably.

I also forgot about the ~ key.

I forgot something, though, because I generally don't bother with it. If you want it to show the tooltip of a spell (which is generally a good idea), type it like this:

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] Life Tap; Incinerate
---
What's the difference between a Scourge and a Forsaken?
One drops loot when it dies, the other drops group when it dies. - Sulticune
#6DemiWebsterPosted 12/1/2010 7:40:02 AM
F1-F5, and the shift and alt versions of those

using an alt version of the Function keys around F4 might not be a good idea
#7BBilbo1Posted 12/1/2010 7:41:03 AM
Well, I re-map my "Q" and "E" keys to my "oh snap!" emergency spells. You can turn easily enough with the mouse.

But If you have the cash... You should seriously invest in a Razer Naga gaming mouse.

Not only are ALL your hotbar buttons available on your thumb, but with easy access to the Shift key, you have ALL your hotbars easily-accessed (Shift + 1-6)

Ive been using my naga for about 6 months now. I can't imagine going back to standard mouse/keyboard setup.
---
GamerTag: Hammer2Fall