This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is there no non-tedious solo way to increase guild experience?

#1Itachi62Posted 12/9/2010 10:45:35 PM
The only option according to Wowhead is completing quests. That doesn't sound right. Dividing the approximate number of 593 quests based on the sum of quests required for Cataclysm achievements by the 6,246,000 required by level 2, that would mean doing them all would amount to only getting close to level 4, assuming that the experience required of 6,246,000 to level 2 stays at that amount and/or doesn't get higher, which I am almost certain that it doesn't.

Once level 25 guilds are around, or even level 8 or 16 guilds, who in the world would join one just starting? I get roughly 40,000 experience per quest, which means I have to do about 156 quests before I can have even a level 2 guild. It would be like trying to get a good job but not needing, wanting, or accepting any money.

You could argue that guild achievements are a good way to start out, but nobody sane is going to do something like killing 50,000 or 100,000 critters nonstop by themself. Nobody has that patience.

The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, so to speak, except with rich meaning lots of leadership as well as income and poor meaning solitary and dedicated. Is this the way guilds are going to go? Gone will be the days of starting one and recruiting right away. replaced by nothing but dedication to grinding quests through multiple characters and/or accounts.
---
Maybe I'm smarter because I know cats can be bats can be rats can be hats can be gnats can be thats can be thises.
#2prometheusflamePosted 12/9/2010 10:54:00 PM
"So is there no non-tedious solo way to increase guild experience?"

http://tinyurl.com/2eap55f

---
RIP Captain Lou Albano, 1933-2009.
I'm gonna stick with "The Guiding Light"- Maker of Champions, Baby!
#3Itachi62(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2010 11:03:57 PM
My post may have seem different from the title, indeed, if that was what you seem to imply. I overanalyse everything, though, so it happens.
---
Maybe I'm smarter because I know cats can be bats can be rats can be hats can be gnats can be thats can be thises.
#4Right_Chus_1Posted 12/9/2010 11:06:03 PM
He wasnt saying that..He was implying you need to do things with guildies to raise guild reputation. Its not too far fetched i'd say.
#5Itachi62(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2010 11:12:53 PM
You are ignoring one of the central social points in World of Warcraft and MMOs in general -- elitism. Why join a mediocre level 1 guild that has no benefit for you when you could join a top tier level 25 guild and have several handfuls of benefits? Once the first server guild that accepts all members and advertises frequently enough hits that level, there will no longer be any incentive to join another guild. Eventually, they hit the player limit of four hundred, and another guild of the same type takes the throne, becoming an inevitable and endless cycle.
---
#6LightHawKnightPosted 12/9/2010 11:14:36 PM

He wasnt saying that..He was implying you need to do things with guildies to raise guild reputation. Its not too far fetched i'd say.

Does not compute.
---
I'd made the vampire cry. Great. I felt like a real superhero. Harry Dresden, breaker of monsters' hearts.
#7Right_Chus_1Posted 12/9/2010 11:14:41 PM
And you are mad at people hanging out with their friends and enjoying themselves...Why again?
#8shevmanPosted 12/9/2010 11:15:12 PM
You need rep with your guild in order to get all the perks, and that rep will take months to grind. And who's to say that lvl 25 guilds will let just anyone join them?
---
I reserve the right to judge your opinions.
****ING SHEVMAN ~ askpeevies
#9Itachi62(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2010 11:21:30 PM

And you are mad at people hanging out with their friends and enjoying themselves...Why again?

Not at all. Do my posts indicate anger at others to you? I am merely wondering if it is even feasible to attempt to gain a high level guild without plenty of players, because plenty of niche guilds have a small amount of members, and will probably never be able to grow out of that because of the monopoly that other guilds will possibly always hold. Of course, all of this is currently theorycraft, and is subject to change, however majorly or minorly.

You need rep with your guild in order to get all the perks, and that rep will take months to grind. And who's to say that lvl 25 guilds will let just anyone join them?

More members means more contributors. It will only be natural for guilds to recruit anyone if it's required to meet the monopoly's standards in this hypothetical scenario. Thusly, by the time they get to level 25 if ever, they may already have already hit the player limit, and be forced not to recruit because it or end up kicking random members and killing morale.
---
#10MindersPosted 12/9/2010 11:31:30 PM
There's a cap to the amount of XP a guild can get per day, and it's fairly low. A 10man guild should have no trouble at all capping it out. It'll probably take months to reach a relativly high level. The guild rep is also capped per week so it will take a long time to reach exalted to get all the benefits of the guild too.

And for those who want to have a solo guild with perks, well it's not designed for one person guilds and won't really be viable. I'm sure you'll see a level 25 solo guild sooner or later but it will be kinda extreme
---
"homer the lord only asks for one hour a week" -Marge
"in that case he should have made the week an hour longer..." -Homer (GF)