This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards. you need Cataclysm to fly now?

#1ShadowQueenPosted 2/3/2011 2:48:01 PM
I just started playing WoW about 1-2 months ago, the only expansion I have is Burning Crusade. Reached level 60, learned the Expert riding ability, bought my mount...and I couldn't buy the license anywhere. Now people are saying that you need Cataclysm to buy the license? Is this true? And if so, why? WoW is fun, but I don't want to spend $60-$80 on expansions to be able to fly...
Kal Ort Por
#2master_theifPosted 2/3/2011 2:49:21 PM
You can fly in Outland.
#3CsDucKPosted 2/3/2011 2:49:56 PM
u can only fly in outland with the 60 flying but if u want to fly anyware in the vanilla wow u have to buy a seperate license for that... which is unlocked in the cata expansion
sc2= WhiTe #222
#4ShadowQueen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2011 2:50:34 PM
Really? How do I do that?

And why do they let you fly in Outland, but not anywhere else?
Kal Ort Por
#5JohnnyShred612Posted 2/3/2011 2:53:23 PM
You just... go to Outland and fly >___>

And they let you fly in Outland but not Azeroth because they want you to buy the expansions, believe it or not.
#6ToadstoolPeachPosted 2/3/2011 2:54:16 PM
I think if you get the Cataclysm trial, you can buy Azeroth flight training and keep it even after the Cata trial expires.
My sig is terrible.
#7ShadowQueen(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2011 2:54:47 PM
Ok, didn't know if I needed a special Outlands flight license or whatever.

Kal Ort Por
#8theluskateerPosted 2/3/2011 2:56:17 PM
Originally, you could only fly in Outland, in BC. Then, at level 77, you could get Northrend flying. And with Cata, Azeroth. Azeroth flying is an expansion, and you really only need it for 80-85, considering you can't fly before 60 and you spend 58-80 out of Azeroth anyway.
black power