This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can a skilled hunter or DK solo, TK, BT, or sunwell?

#1XXHornDogXXPosted 2/19/2011 6:22:18 PM
i know i saw some hunters solo cat heroics and if hunters can, im sure DK can too. but can a hunter or DK whose skilled in soloing old content, solo Tempest keep, black temple or sunwell? what about any wraith raids yet?
---
InFearAndFaith_ still owes me my damn prize for guessing the right release date!- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960512-halo-reach/53295877
#2ParisPosted 2/19/2011 6:24:00 PM
No, no and no.
---
Questions concerning my user ID and/or identity will be ignored.
#3StrangerAeonsPosted 2/19/2011 6:24:49 PM
Kil'jaeden can be soloed, you can't do all of Sunwell due to mechanics though. All of TK can be soloed, some of BT can, mechanics will kill you on some bosses.
---
ColdStatic
#4willythemailboy(Moderator)Posted 2/19/2011 6:28:44 PM
I've soloed BT trash on my hunter, but the first boss stopped me cold. Too much damage output for my turtle to take, and the adds can't be trapped.

I have soloed Magtheron's lair, but I had to go marksman for it. It's the only spec with more than token self-heal for the inevitable hits you take while kiting the adds. Passive heal just wasn't cutting it.
---
He who laughs last, thinks fastest.
#5XXHornDogXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2011 6:33:29 PM

I've soloed BT trash on my hunter, but the first boss stopped me cold. Too much damage output for my turtle to take, and the adds can't be trapped.

I have soloed Magtheron's lair, but I had to go marksman for it. It's the only spec with more than token self-heal for the inevitable hits you take while kiting the adds. Passive heal just wasn't cutting it.

were you using the 2 piece T5 for the BT boss? and i always though MM was the soloing spec now a days. and...

moderators post here?
---
InFearAndFaith_ still owes me my damn prize for guessing the right release date!- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960512-halo-reach/53295877
#6willythemailboy(Moderator)Posted 2/19/2011 6:48:33 PM
were you using the 2 piece T5 for the BT boss? and i always though MM was the soloing spec now a days. and...

Of course, but 2t5 isn't enough to keep him alive. Maybe I should have tried it as MM, but at the time all I had was BM and survival specs. Since hitting 85 everything I've been able to solo could be done as survival, but then again I'm not one to attempt cata dungeons, either. I haven't even tried wrath heroics - no time for it any more. Maybe over the summer.

moderators post here?

I do, not too many others do. I have 30+ active posts on this board, but not all of them have the (moderator) tag.
---
#7Major GamerPosted 2/19/2011 7:03:09 PM

You'd have to kill the first BT boss before the first spike, or he'd spike you and you'd die simply from no one being able to remove it. As for TK, a DK has soloed Kael, but for a hunter it would be impossible. Hunter gives him two targets which means he'll MC you. Sunwell first boss requires two people minimum regardless of how high your stats go due to requiring people with Kalec and with the demon.

I do, not too many others do. I have 30+ active posts on this board, but not all of them have the (moderator) tag.

I do find it odd that some of your posts are tagged with (moderator) and others aren't seemingly at random.
---
My life for an edit button (5 years later) ****
http://backloggery.com/majorgamer
#8XXHornDogXX(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2011 7:27:11 PM

moderators post here?

do moderators have the ability to mark posts with or without the (moderator) tag or does it just happen randomly?

also do you think a hunter can solo the very first boss in VoA (forgot his name)? or even perhaps some of the other bosses in VoA too? aiming for the mammoth mount.
---
#9DivineheroPosted 2/19/2011 7:29:23 PM
i recently saw a vid of a hunter soloing kil'jaden but u would need some help due to mechanics to get up to him
---
Every time I hear "The Big Bang Theory" I imagine God having sex with something and BOOM the Universe was created. - PatrickSim
#10willythemailboy(Moderator)Posted 2/19/2011 7:36:47 PM
I do find it odd that some of your posts are tagged with (moderator) and others aren't seemingly at random.

It can be controlled. Mostly it's a function of where I'm posting from - they are all tagged if I post from home, but if I'm posting from work I rarely bother to log into the moderation system. I'm hesitant to do any moderation from a computer available for others to use; not because I think anyone from work would tamper with the account, but there are a whole lot of things I see while moderating that could get me fired if they showed up in the browser history.

also do you think a hunter can solo the very first boss in VoA (forgot his name)? or even perhaps some of the other bosses in VoA too? aiming for the mammoth mount.

*Maybe* the fire one, definitely not the two on the right side. I don't remember the far end boss well enough to say.
---