This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why can't I fly in Silvermoon City?

#1L0ZPosted 8/25/2011 4:44:05 PM
I have Flight Master's License to fly in Eastern Kingdoms. wth
#2Gothic_TeasePosted 8/25/2011 4:49:02 PM
Silvermoon, and the surrounding areas are TBC areas.

Azeroth flying was introduced in Vanilla and Cata zones - So not on TBC zones like SM.

They'll update soon though.
---
"I hope it RIPS ME A NEW ONE" ~ flanofwar on an overspiced pepperoni loaf
#3Ind1g0Posted 8/25/2011 4:54:11 PM
Gothic_Tease posted...

Azeroth flying was introduced in Vanilla and Cata zones - So not on TBC zones like SM.

What this basically means is:

Blizzard was lazy and didn't fully update flying all over Azeroth, but maybe they'll do it next expansion... for a price.
---
And if you listen very hard, the truth will come to you at last, when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.
#4Gothic_TeasePosted 8/25/2011 4:55:16 PM
Kite Man posted...
Gothic_Tease posted...

What this basically means is:

Blizzard was lazy and didn't fully update flying all over Azeroth, but maybe they'll do it next expansion... for a price.

I would rather have it as it is, than not at all.

Silvermoon has so many places that need properly rendering, jjust to enable flying, it's not even funny.
---
"I hope it RIPS ME A NEW ONE" ~ flanofwar on an overspiced pepperoni loaf
#5videl_lunaPosted 8/25/2011 4:57:14 PM
You know that portal in epl you have to go through to get to ghostlands? That's why.

Before cata, a friend of mine (alliance) wanted to tame a dragonahawk, so he followed the coast north to try to get to Eversong. He ended up having to die so he could go through the portal, because there was nothing there and no way over the mountains to get back into epl.
---
...and in the future, we'll be beating Deathwing, who makes Arthas look like a fresh level 80 Death Knight in quest greens by comparison - emagdnE
#6Bard of DorArPosted 8/25/2011 4:58:39 PM

No, what it means is that Blizzard set out to redo all of the Vanilla Content. Those 4 starter areas for BElf and Dranei(Hi, Wyrm!) are on completely different servers from Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms.

So they were left alone, just like the actual Outlands(hi again) were not altered for Cata.

Lazy would be if they decided no one really hung out in Darn and Thunderbluff and so didn't do flying there.
---
Maphai: "I disagree. Bard is the best. Bard wins in almost any game"
ScreamerA440: "Bard rules hard, you're just afraid to admit it."
#7GoW_In_NHPosted 8/25/2011 5:34:37 PM
Bard you love making trouble...
---
People who have said nice things about me: 56
Last person to say something nice about me:BillbertGouki (Only if "I love you" is a nice thing.)
#8AmakusaPosted 8/25/2011 7:06:36 PM(edited)
I flew in Silvermoon on the PTR once (it was a bug that made Druids able to fly in pre-Cata Azeroth), and you can easily get stuck there in weird places.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#9L0Z(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 7:49:37 PM
are there any test realms that still do that?
#10EkulYenavedPosted 8/25/2011 7:55:11 PM
there are a few trippy private servers out there that allow that, or so I'm told.

They would probably have to redo Silvermoon City from scratch to allow flying there, and given how they had to rush cata anyway and it's not like anyone actually uses Silvermoon (RP realms maybe?)... I can see why it might be low priority.