This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

do heirlooms work past 80?

#1sithgod513Posted 4/17/2012 10:08:55 PM
just wondering if there is a point to get them to lvl from 80 to 85, i already have a few 85's, yet i still dont know the answer to this question. the JP ones is the ones im talking about btw. thanks.
---
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.
#2ArtosRCPosted 4/17/2012 10:12:26 PM
Helms and capes do. Everything else caps at eighty.
---
This is fact and cannot be disputed.
#3mrhighlife83Posted 4/18/2012 4:12:58 AM
The 1-80 heirlooms should be replaced as soon as you ding 80. They do not increase experience gained anymore and the stats are about 100 ilvls lower than the gear you get in Cata starting zones.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and the 9 types of people who make fun of them.
#4ArmoredCore123Posted 4/18/2012 4:40:41 AM
mrhighlife83 posted...
The 1-80 heirlooms should be replaced as soon as you ding 80. They do not increase experience gained anymore and the stats are about 100 ilvls lower than the gear you get in Cata starting zones.

actually, i *think* that the XP bonus works through 80. they become completely useless once you hit 81 though. I might be wrong, mind you.
---
im only provencial because i got in trouble for posting topless picture because i guess i look like a lady? but im not -LobsterJelly
#5ElaeusPosted 4/18/2012 4:45:01 AM
ArmoredCore123 posted...

actually, i *think* that the XP bonus works through 80. they become completely useless once you hit 81 though. I might be wrong, mind you.

Even if that's true you will be so weak offense and defense wise and will start to pull your hair as mobs continue to macro /target, /troll, /lol on you, so much that you will opt out of the xp bonus and into your sanity.

inb4 ironman done it with white quality gear. If TC wanted to do the Ironman challenge this topic wouldn't exist.
---
Firelord Dahlia -http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/dahlia/advanced
#6mrhighlife83Posted 4/18/2012 4:56:37 AM
No, the bonus experience stops when you ding 80. Before I posted, I hopped on a level 80 character that I happened to have laying around. I killed the same mob of the same level with heirloom shoulders and without and got the same exp both times.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who know binary and the 9 types of people who make fun of them.