This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New computer needed for WoW.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. New computer needed for WoW.
8 years ago#1
My computer crapped out on me today while playing WoW and now I'm looking to upgrade. I am horrible at picking out computers though. I never know what to look for when reading the specs. This computer will mainly be used for downloading movies/music/tv shows and playing games such as WoW and Oblivion. I'm looking to spend around $2000 or less. Please help.

---
Is there gonna be beer, is there gonna be chicks?
There might be beer, there might be chicks!
8 years ago#2
Just buy a Dell XPS-Something if you're not going to heavily game. For like $1500 you can get a pretty good computer from them.

Dell.com
---
Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines. -Bertrand Russell
8 years ago#3
If you have someone who could help you then you could build a computer piece by piece for a little less. Just another option if you're able to put it all together.
8 years ago#4
Didnt read it, but build one. I built one that runs WoW on max settings for a bit over 300$.
8 years ago#5
Building it myself is not really an option for me.
---
Is there gonna be beer, is there gonna be chicks?
There might be beer, there might be chicks!
8 years ago#6
Just did a quick look on Newegg and found the following computer. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229009

Looks like it should be able to do everything you're wanting it for and it's not too badly priced.
7 years ago#7
I'd recommend this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883229012

A single 8800GT > Dual 8600GTs, and it's ~$300 cheaper to boot.
---
Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines. -Bertrand Russell
7 years ago#8
Panzar is right, I didn't see that computer listed when I did a search. Looks like you would have room to upgrade later also if you wanted to.
  1. Boards
  2. World of Warcraft
  3. New computer needed for WoW.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived