This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Impossible Matches

#1SubterfugePosted 1/27/2008 3:49:16 AM
What are some impossible 1 on 1 pvp match ups?

For example, it's pretty much impossible for a mage to beat a hunter....or warlock.
---
"Oh, dag! That man has just ordered breakfast in the middle of my rap song!"
#2frberPosted 1/27/2008 3:53:50 AM
Warlock is impossible for anything else (given similar gear/skill). This means the game isn't balanced for 1 vs 1.

Mage can't beat a priest/druid/holy paladin, or shouldn't be able to.

Mage should always beat Warrior (mage needs to totally lack understanding of the game to lose...if the mage is clueless it can become a matter of who has the best gear maybe).

Rogue can't beat Warrior, or feral druid (warrior with shield/defensive stance and druid in bear form).

Well really are alot of impossible matchups in this game.
#3Seto271ReturnsPosted 1/27/2008 3:55:58 AM
As a frost mage I don't have too much trouble with holy paladins. If I can get them down fast I win. If the fight drags out they win, since they heal.
---
Renewed shall be blade that was broken.
The crownless again shall be king.
#4crazyman2Posted 1/27/2008 3:57:31 AM
rogues and warriors destroy warlocks 1v1 if their cooldowns are up

and paladins, especially prot, destroy rogues and warriors. I took out two warriors AND a rogue my level that tried to gank me.
---
Elite Beat Agents-Lovin Machine
4/19 S-rank.
#5flashleetPosted 1/27/2008 4:12:26 AM
A feral druid vs a geared and skilled warlock.
---
(-(-_(-_-)_-)-)
#6adog16Posted 1/27/2008 4:16:41 AM
Rogue will lose to everything if they get seen first

All it takes is one DoT and the rogue is crippled
---
*Claims Ryofu Housen, Asuka Langley Soryu, and Yoruichi Shihouin*
XBOX Live GT: Arbal3st Wii Number: 5435-9818-7743-3801
#7abigservePosted 1/27/2008 4:20:14 AM
Pompyro spec I fear only hunters and locks as a mage.

Most unbalanced though, would have to be warlock versus any class tbh. I can't see a single class that, 1v1, would cause the warlock to sweat. *maybe* arms warriors if they are geared and skilled.
---
level 70 Human Warrior
level 70 Draenei Mage
#8Gangel_TheftPosted 1/27/2008 4:22:22 AM
Warlock is impossible for anything else (given similar gear/skill). This means the game isn't balanced for 1 vs 1.

ughh. Rogue, Warrior, Hunter. Sometimes even a shaman or a shadow priest. Now get lost.

---
GT- Lockout Now
#9Gangel_TheftPosted 1/27/2008 4:32:11 AM
Most unbalanced though, would have to be warlock versus any class tbh. I can't see a single class that, 1v1, would cause the warlock to sweat. *maybe* arms warriors if they are geared and skilled.

Coming from a Warrior... that's gotta be tough. You have a 50 second immunity to fear innate and then a trinket coped with diminishing returns. MS now cripples drain life's healing benefits on top of pummeling them.

Rogues can keep them stunlocked for 8+ seconds (more actually) and CloS the rest of the fight than /vanish repeat if necessary.

Hunters just kill locks. MM spec or BM spec.

Shamans have great counter abilities against Warlocks and really prove themselves in groups.

Priests are an equal fight for a lock 1v1 I've got to say.

And if you are a Mage stop complaining about Locks. They have to be able to kill you. That's how WoW works. As well as you Druids.

---
GT- Lockout Now
#10panoPosted 1/27/2008 4:50:49 AM
Warriors aren't that bad for locks if they have their Succy out. The can simply seduce, gain some range, put CoE if they're aff or CoElements/Soul Fire them in the meantime if they're destro.

Rogues and hunters mainly rape locks, though it helps to have a Succy out against a rogue.
---
Death, is the high cost of living.