This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is warrior leveling compared to other classes?

#1RandomEvilPosted 1/28/2008 10:40:29 PM
I've rolled mostly caster classes, but I really enjoyed tanking on my druid. I decided to reroll as a warrior, but I'm wondering how their leveling is like. Is there lots of downtime and does it take a considerable amount of time compared to others to kill mobs? I remember having to drink so often on my mage, but pve for my feral druid was a breeze.
#2Striped_SkunkPosted 1/28/2008 10:41:37 PM
You will die. A lot
---
I see how it is.
#3OniLink5000Posted 1/28/2008 10:42:50 PM
Yeah...

First Aid for sure.
---
You laugh at me because I am different. I laugh at you all because I just urinated in your coffee pot.
#4jdmtegPosted 1/28/2008 10:43:17 PM
Yar, what he said. Make good friends with hamstring, he's your friend!
---
70 Human Mage - 70 Night Elf Druid - 70 Tauren Shaman - 70 Night Elf Rogue - 70 Orc Warrior
#5AngelofD3thPosted 1/29/2008 1:15:10 AM
Probably the most painful class to level. Even fury will make you have decent downtimes.
#6EclipseMintsPosted 1/29/2008 1:15:53 AM
Made me quit 3 times. Finally got to 70 a few weeks ago, though.
---
I don't think I was violent. Sure, I put a shotgun under her chin, but I wasn't violent. -Dynamite Kid on CNN
#7xHFxPosted 1/29/2008 1:20:23 AM
E-Z.

Seriously, IMO.
---
This is my sig.
#8Rebel852Posted 1/29/2008 1:26:01 AM
For the most part sucks, on a PvP server higher levels will target you because you have no chance of getting away. On the bright side occasionally you will be able to solo elite mobs using your cooldowns.

Money is always an issue too, if it's your first character. But yeah, tanking is really gratifying to me, other classes run away from mean looking monsters but as a warrior you run up to them and jam your sword down their throat while blocking what you can.

In lower level instances you are pretty much the team leader, you dictate what the group pulls. and how long long they get to rest. Stay arms/fury and get the best weapons you can, and it won't be that bad though
#9guerradoroPosted 1/29/2008 1:30:24 AM
buy alot of food when questing
#10Three_Ton_OozerPosted 1/29/2008 1:50:45 AM
Have had zero problems leveling as Prot... you can literally grind with zero downtime until maybe eight+ mobs later and even then theres a good chance you can pull Last Stand and go for another 3-5+ mobs

Just make sure to do a few instances to grab a good shield & sword, and gear it up with a shield spike. Lots of fun. Especially after shield slam.
---
White trash get down on your knees
Time for CAKE & SODOMY