This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Choosing a server based on time zones...

#1Undead587Posted 1/29/2008 11:21:15 AM
There is something I haven't given much thought in the past when choosing servers. On my current server, Moonrunner, the time is set PST. Where I live, it's EST. Now, I have noticed a lot of guilds raid from 9:30 --> ??? EST (6:30 server time onwards). On an Eastern time zone server, do guilds usually raid at an earlier time? I know this sounds like a silly question considering there are people from all times zones on a particular server, but higher-end guilds tend to base their server decision on the times they want to raid? I thought about trying out raiding again, but I would like to get started around 6:30 rather than 9:30 (just an example).
---
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
70 Paladin(A), 70 Priest(A), 70 Mage(A), 70 Warrior(H)
#2rhombencephalonPosted 1/29/2008 11:34:59 AM
My guild is on a CST server, we raid from 7-11 EST.
---
"They had it before you, they had it during you, they'll have it when you're gone."
-Al Maguire on Kentucky basketball tradition
#3Undead587(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2008 3:15:00 PM
bump for more suggestions :D
---
Currently Playing: World of Warcraft
70 Paladin(A), 70 Priest(A), 70 Mage(A), 70 Warrior(H)
#4Sephiroth C RyuPosted 1/29/2008 3:40:13 PM
Oddly, the timezone is not always the physical location of the server, and it may not even be truely representitive of when the most people will be on.

The time zone of my server is set to california's time zone, but supposedly its physically located in boston. Also, the peak time of the day is still around 7-12ish eastern time, even though that is still early afternoon on the server's time, which seems to indicate a lot of players from timezones east of california play on it.

---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey. *pounces*
Catboy of the anime boards