This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Fast way to level?

#1DarkKnight0458Posted 1/29/2008 5:11:47 PM
I had to start over because my 46 mage got banned, (The whole account did I mean) so now I have an 18 mage. What's the fastest way to level besides quests? I'm already doing quests but I'm basically out of them for now because all the quests I currently have are a little too hard. I'm Alliance BTW, since that's some important info right there. I just want to finally hit 70 for once and go to outlands but I can't because SOMETHING is always impeding my progress. Ie; Banned account was the most recent blockage. Can anyone help? I'm just looking to get to 46 as quickly as possible as I have a friend who leveled a priest with my mage and now I have to re-catch up with him. Thanks in advance.
---
Playing: World of Warcraft, The Witcher, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3.
GT/PSN: SeDAkOn / Lostumose
#2The Last CetraPosted 1/29/2008 5:13:52 PM
Grind to 30. 20-30 has less XP required to level than it used to. Quest from 30 to 60. Increased quest experience over what you used to get between those levels.

Or if you're frost spec and know what you're doing, AoE grind.
---
I AM THE BLACK MAGE! I CASTS THE SPELLS THAT MAKES THE PEOPLES FALL DOWN! - Black Mage, 8-bit Theatre
#3reemiPosted 1/29/2008 5:14:40 PM
Dont be banned is a good way to level faster :D
#4DarkKnight0458(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2008 5:16:01 PM
Thanks, I'll give grinding a shot, although I will say I was never one to stay in one area for too long in any RPG. I can't really stand grinding but if it's what I must do I guess I have to.
---
#5RazorSlayerPosted 1/29/2008 5:21:18 PM
Questing zone by zone should be enough to level you up post 20-30. You really don't need big grinding sessions really. Either use a guide or a zone level chart to follow:

http://www.dreadlords.net/grind.shtml
http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=guides.Detail&id=66

Those are a good start if you dont want to follow a guide.
---
For every chemical, you trade a piece of your soul. (Billy Corgan) Greatest Songwriter Ever!
#6DarkKnight0458(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2008 5:21:39 PM
So I guess grind in Redridge from 18-21, then hit up RHC in Duskwood until 24, then go to Hillsbrad until 28, then hit Arathi Highlands till 31, then I start questing in Desolace / Arathi / STV. Does that sound right or does someone want to help me with a less painful plan?
---
#7DarkKnight0458(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2008 5:25:10 PM
Thanks RazorSlayer, I think I'll follow that first zone-guide. Sounds like the kind of helpful steering I need without specific step-by-step instructions that I have to read through to get what theyre talking about. It even starts at 18 :D.
---
#8Darkwolf9113Posted 1/29/2008 5:58:08 PM
that's the problem,right there.alliance sucks.
---
I R Hukt On Fonikz
#9Ivany2008Posted 1/30/2008 12:47:28 AM
i have a tendancy to agree with the above poster unfortunatly. horde has better areas of questing and you dont even have to leave non-contested territory until your 40

take BE for example: Eversong Woods, Ghostlands, Barrens, SFK, RFK, RFD, SM easy way to get to 40 before even hitting contested.
#10supernova54321Posted 1/30/2008 5:27:30 AM
take BE for example: Eversong Woods, Ghostlands, Barrens, SFK, RFK, RFD, SM easy way to get to 40 before even hitting contested.

Umm... Barrens will get you to level 22, max, and there's no way you're getting from 22>40 on instances alone unless you're a healer on a realm populated with low level characters.

Horde have to go to contested areas too in their 20s.
---
The person who has no opinion will seldom be wrong. - German proverb