This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Might be banned, 2nd account?

#1MasterCheif1228Posted 1/29/2008 6:54:24 PM

Im pretty sure soon im going to be banned for a very stupid mistake (buying an account a year ago, although i havent played it in 6 months i gave it to a friend and im now pretty surethis has screwed over my own main account)

ANyways, i was wondering if i opened a new account during this time, when my main account does get banned will the new account i open up with my name be closed also ? : /

#2GilaMonsterPosted 1/29/2008 6:59:43 PM
From what I've seen on the official forums, the only account that would be banned is the "offending" one; i.e. the one that's been bought/sold/traded multiple times. I've never heard of Blizzard "usermap axing" anyone, frankly. People with banned accounts just go out and buy a new copy and start fresh.

---
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#3MasterCheif1228(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2008 7:12:06 PM

yea i understand what you're saying.

I just dont understand why im caring so much as of late, ive always been carefree and now i do care...alot.. for some reason.

I would just hate to drop another 50 dollars plus and then get banned again

#4GilaMonsterPosted 1/29/2008 7:14:28 PM
Since the traded account in question wasn't yours in the first place, and as long as you don't do anything aggressively stupid on the accounts you want to keep, you should be okay.

---
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#5MasterCheif1228(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2008 7:19:41 PM
what would ya say is aggresively stupid? lawl, just wondering so i know what not to do
#6GilaMonsterPosted 1/29/2008 7:23:59 PM
Botting, frequent AFK'ing in BG's, spamming obscenities in General chat... that sort of thing. :)

---
#7MasterCheif1228(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2008 7:47:54 PM
might as well continue my paranoia streak, what would happen if lets say the orignal owner of that account that was traded who i got it from a year ago decided to randomly try and get it back, Could hemakeit look as if the account was compromised and get my main account in trouble for being linked? Or would the fact that he accepeted the email change make that not even a possiblility.