This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resiliance

#1DesmoPilotPosted 1/30/2008 5:25:46 AM
does it effect PvE or just PvP?
---
It's easy to Govern and Control those who think they are free.
#2angle0Posted 1/30/2008 5:29:00 AM
just PvP. well maybe not but it is useless in PvE nonetheless.
---
"I do believe I'm on fire." -spy
oopla
#3AlkatrazzPosted 1/30/2008 6:02:12 AM
It affected PVP... by killing it.
---
"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak because a child can't chew it."
-Mark Twain
#4bluntZZyPosted 1/30/2008 6:04:12 AM
it didnt kill it.... just made it so you cant go around killin peeps in 2 hits
#5redundanciesPosted 1/30/2008 6:26:39 AM
it is useless in PvE nonetheless

Actually it can be useful, if you're a tank that's below the defense cap. Resilience can make up for the gap because it lowers enemy crit chance, and becoming uncrittable is important for tanks.
#6rexjhPosted 1/30/2008 6:32:53 AM
well let's see what this 'resilience' thing is:

1. It reduces the enemy's chance of scoring a critical attack on you (spell + physical)

2. It reduces the enemy's critical damage bonus

3. It reduces the amount of DOT you take

You decide.
#7abigservePosted 1/30/2008 6:42:12 AM
Critical damage bonus is useless seeing as you wont BE getting critted.

I dont think that DOT change effects raid boss/raid trash dots.

and finally, if you are going to become uncrittable using resilence, you have to gear pvp for the rest of your raiding life, because basicalyl nothing in SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal/Kara/Gruuls/Mags/ZA gives Resilience.
---
level 70 Human Warrior
level 70 Draenei Mage
#8FalosPosted 1/30/2008 6:42:15 AM
The effects apply to incoming crits/DoTs from players and mobs.

Sure it messes up some specs - quit expecting to crit in high arena and pick another tree.
---
http://falos.comicgen.com
"Ever squish your face on a window? Looks funny. Ever got stuck?" ~Falos
#9redundanciesPosted 1/30/2008 6:50:31 AM
if you are going to become uncrittable using resilence, you have to gear pvp for the rest of your raiding life, because basicalyl nothing in SSC/TK/BT/Hyjal/Kara/Gruuls/Mags/ZA gives Resilience.

Well, no, but you can always use a combination of defense and resilience to hit the crit cap. Then as you progress further into raiding, you'll be replacing your +res stuff with +def stuff. (unless of course you're a druid tank, but that's a whole 'nother discussion...)
#10PhaliskPosted 1/30/2008 7:17:40 AM
just PvP. well maybe not but it is useless in PvE nonetheless.

In all fairness, a feral druid wants resilience over defense to get uncrittable. Some items you use will have defense on them but they'll probably be on you for the other things they give (like rings, cloak, neck, trinkets perhaps). However, everything you gem and enchant should be resilience over defense 100% of the time. Quite simply it takes less resilience than defense to become crit immune, and defense gives a druid so little compared to if you had the same points on the item budget spent on agility. Once bloodboil and RoS stop being stingy, I'll have defense on my rings, one trinket, and neck. Everything else I need to become crit immune will be resilience.