This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LF someone to craft

#170fPosted 1/30/2008 1:26:08 PM
has anyone given mats to someone for crafting only to have them take off or log? is it an issue or am i just being paranoid? is there anything i can do if it does happen
#2TimmyjinklePosted 1/30/2008 1:28:10 PM
Depends which crafting...

Mostly, except for Alchemy... You put the mats in the trade window and the gold and they give you the product they'd made earlier.
#370f(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2008 1:30:24 PM
for me im talking about tailoring my spellstrike set (boe)
but in general any high lvl boe stuff
#4Halorulz291Posted 1/30/2008 1:32:19 PM
Yeah that's happened to me. I wanted a Clefthide Leg Armor, and gave him the materials.
He immediately logged off, then 5 minutes later he logged back on and said "Nah just messing with ya". Then he gave me the Clefthide.

This guy was a friend of mine, so when he asked for lifestealing enchants, I took his mats and didn't give em back. >.>
---
Better to be thought of as a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.
#5NiftyManZPosted 1/30/2008 1:33:59 PM
What i do is give them the mats and they give me the money value of the mats, that way if they run off with the mats i still have money to buy it off the AH. Then again, i have friends of every profession that i trust will not gimp me.
---
::Dips pistol into mountain of whipped cream and licks it off:: Mhmmm... Pistol whip... ~ Spen
#6GilaMonsterPosted 1/30/2008 1:35:14 PM
If someone does steal your mats, you can report them to a GM. It's a bannable offense.

---
Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
#7waaaghbossPosted 1/30/2008 1:35:57 PM
If someone scams you this way, put in a ticket and GM's will give you back your stuff and suspend the scammer.

Stop worrying about it.
---
xrv|vllt|x|Rxnqwt|France|lcttqzs|czpr