This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the quickest way to get to the Stonetalon mountains?

#1Kared24601Posted 1/30/2008 3:56:07 PM

Hey I'm a human pyromancer and I've only been playing for about 2 and a half weeks.

I need to get to the stonetalon mountains for a quest and I'm currently in the wetlands

I have no idea how to get there haha

Could anyone give me some help?

Thanks!

#2ChaoshPosted 1/30/2008 4:02:54 PM
fly
#3Doober2Posted 1/30/2008 4:05:11 PM
2 ways:

1. Go to Menethil Harbour in Wetlands (it's on a square shaped big island on the west). There are serveral boats that come and go there. One goes to Darkshore (not sure which one though. Been ages since I played Alliance). From Darkshore you head south to Ashenvale, once in Ashenvale, follow the road south and then east until Astranaar (the alliance camp for Ashenvale). South of Astrnaar is a cave that leads into Stonetalon.

2. Start from Stormwind, head south to duskwood and then south again to Stranglethorn Vale (STV). At the very south of STV is Booty Bay which has a boat that docks there every so often. Get on that boat and it goes to Ratchet in the barrens. From there you can head west (don't walk into the Crossroads though, a Horde town) into Stonetalon.
---
Mithes, Lvl 70 Blood Elf Rogue on Nordrassil PvE EU
http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?2424280
#4Kared24601(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2008 4:09:41 PM

Doober2 posted...
2 ways:

1. Go to Menethil Harbour in Wetlands (it's on a square shaped big island on the west). There are serveral boats that come and go there. One goes to Darkshore (not sure which one though. Been ages since I played Alliance). From Darkshore you head south to Ashenvale, once in Ashenvale, follow the road south and then east until Astranaar (the alliance camp for Ashenvale). South of Astrnaar is a cave that leads into Stonetalon.

2. Start from Stormwind, head south to duskwood and then south again to Stranglethorn Vale (STV). At the very south of STV is Booty Bay which has a boat that docks there every so often. Get on that boat and it goes to Ratchet in the barrens. From there you can head west (don't walk into the Crossroads though, a Horde town) into Stonetalon.
---
Mithes, Lvl 70 Blood Elf Rogue on Nordrassil PvE EU
http://wow.allakhazam.com/profile.html?2424280

wow thanks a lot. personally i was expecting just the mature filled responses such as "fly" "walk" Thanks chaosh for making my dreams come true

And duh I'd have to fly or walk etc.

Anyway thanks doober this was really helpful! :)

#5JiruruPosted 1/30/2008 4:21:00 PM
Of the two ways listed, #1 will send you past lower level monsters overall.
(I think the highest thing you'll pass going through #1 is level 24 or so, while if you're unlucky you could get attacked by a level 41 gorilla in STV.)

---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"