This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Problems with the 10-day free trial.

#1hammertime2015Posted 1/31/2008 3:17:39 PM
So I clicked on the PC download and Saved the TryWoW.exe. Then I downloaded the Wow-2.0.0-enUS-Installer-downloader.exe but it didn't give me anything. It seems like the download did nothing. Did I do something wrong?
---
You just can't help but notice the irony when someone says "Get a life" in a online message board.
#2Vortex33Posted 1/31/2008 3:21:24 PM
Well the first download is the launcher download. Install that launcher then it should download the updates/game through the launcher.
#3hammertime2015(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 3:24:49 PM
Nope it didn't give me the launcher.
---
You just can't help but notice the irony when someone says "Get a life" in a online message board.
#4Vortex33Posted 1/31/2008 3:25:50 PM
Well I think the WoW.exe is the launcher install which should put a shortcut on your desktop then you can click that to start the launcher and install the game.
#5hammertime2015(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 3:31:35 PM
I didn't get a shortcut. Is it supposed to say "Download Complete" or does it just close?
---
#6playitliketPosted 1/31/2008 3:32:46 PM
You have to use the download.exe thing, that should work, after that you will patch up to latest patch (Have fun with that)
---
If you don't like they way I spec or play, then I better start seeing you sending $15 a month my way.
#7Vortex33Posted 1/31/2008 3:36:13 PM
I think it does sometimes just shut down after the latest upgrade has been downloaded. Try restarting it and if it just closes down again then keep doing that notice if it is downloading different things each time. Sorry if I'm not much help, but it should be pretty straightforward when you download it on what needs to be done.
#8playitliketPosted 1/31/2008 3:40:42 PM
Yeah, what vortex said, some times it does or does not auto close, most times once it says install complete, I close it, and if it wasn't done, I install it again.
---
If you don't like they way I spec or play, then I better start seeing you sending $15 a month my way.
#9hammertime2015(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2008 4:20:39 PM
Okay my computer was behind a fire wall so I turned it off using this process:

Should it work now? Also sometimes it just closes in the middle of the download.
---
#10playitliketPosted 1/31/2008 4:38:18 PM
For turning the firewall off, yes it should work better in most cases, but as for it closing in the middle, something is wrong there, it has never done anything like that to me.
---