This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ATTN: PvP Warriors

#1Church_Posted 1/31/2008 9:26:21 PM
Couple questions.

1. I was wondering what you guys think is the best PvP Weapon Spec now. I know awhile back they put proc stuns on DR to nerf DThunder/Stormherald with Mace Spec. Is DT/Storm and Mace Spec still the top War PvP build, or have you Wars moved on to an S3 Sword with Sword Spec?

2. What is the typical PvP build? I know it's something like 33/28, but I'm not exactly sure what all are must-haves, besides the brain-dead-obvious such as MS, Second Wind, Imp Intercept, etc. I'm just confused on things such as Imp Heroic Strike. Seems useless, but I don't know, hence why I'm asking for help here.

I know that actually asking GAmeFAQS for help is a major "LOL", but it's better than the WoW Forums, which I did try, and had idiots responding with "Staff spec".
---
Projekt-X UI: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/8758/
I'm Straight Edge. Rudolph W. Giuliani for President, 2009
#2AlphaAlgerothPosted 1/31/2008 9:48:48 PM
go staff spec roofl.

but seriously:

1- Generally if you can get a weapon out of Bt or Hyjal (Torch of the damned and Cataclysm's Edge) or a S3 sword, you'll be doing the best you can do, as they kick Stormherald in the crotch as far as I'm concerned. After the nerf, the line has generally blurred between sword spec and mace spec, to the point where they are fairly even.

The stupid amounts of burst damage that are possible with the sword can sometimes outweigh the free attack cooldown that mace spec grants, especially against healers and other warriors. (Hint: Stormherald procs blood thirst and second wind a lot >_>)

I currently use an axe, which is fairly retarded, but since I'm an orc warrior, the expertise makes it not too horrible.

2- http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdGbogbzbZVxzGMxMc

A good example of the 33/28 build. I personally don't like sweeping strikes if I'm purely PvPing, as it eats a TON of rage that would be better suited to using another whirlwind or MS during a duel, so I swap it into the imp shouts talent. The main feature of the build is the 3/5 in flurry, which makes your burst damage a lot more consistent than without. Provided you keep crits up of course.

I seem to be incredibly unlucky with 2/3 imp hamstring, but it's probably just me.

Also, no points in TM because the only time you'll ever change from zerker stance is to overpower, which only takes 5 rage. Also, you should never be using heroic strike in PvP unless you literally have a 100/100 rage bar. Using HS as a dual-wielding fury warrior is considered risky, as it deprivesyou of a rage generating attack. This applies moreso as MS, as the potential ~30 rage loss from a potential crit is gigantic, and utterly gimps your dps.
---
Drinkers of my beer will be violated. Survivors will be violated again. Non-survivors will also be violated again.
#3VreidPosted 1/31/2008 10:01:06 PM
"I currently use an axe, which is fairly stupid, but since I'm an orc warrior, the expertise makes it not too horrible."

Axe is useless with resilience, since it increases crit chance. Sword for the extra swing, which procs decently enough, or maces for the stun effect. Mortal Strike.
---
"'You'll die,' he yelled, 'you'll die as a whore.
You belongs to the gallows.'"
6/4/07 -- Legend
#4AlphaAlgerothPosted 1/31/2008 10:14:58 PM
I currently use an axe, which is fairly stupid, but since I'm an orc warrior, the expertise makes it not too horrible.

Read please.
---
Drinkers of my beer will be violated. Survivors will be violated again. Non-survivors will also be violated again.
#5UhhPosted 1/31/2008 10:21:33 PM
Mace, IMO, is still the best pick for all serious PvP (and for that, s3 mace > torch of the damned > stormherald; of course stormherald is still good though). A lot of warriors have picked up the s3 sword for crazy damage and touted it as better in 3s and 5s, but I think Inactive said it best; his personal DPS is not as important as mace stun effect allowing his teammates to beat down the enemy.

I also prefer 35/23/3 over 33/28; it gives you more points to throw around for your important arms talents, and TM allows for spell reflect which can be crucial.

Some debatable talents:

Flurry vs. Tactical Mastery: The big one. I personally go for TM as it gives you more options in bad situations, namely being zerged by enemy casters in arena. (It also makes me feel smarter for taking something that can be used very well situationally instead of flat haste boost, heh.)

Booming Voice vs. Unbridled Wrath: very small rage boost or more reliable shouts in arena?

Blood Craze vs. Commanding Presence: 3% of, say, 10k HP is 300...that is unlikely to save you. Therefore it's not worth taking IMO.

Imp. Execute vs. Weapon Mastery (vs. Imp. Slam): Disarms don't happen often (combat rogue or TM-specced warrior only), but if they do, then they can be very annoying; also, weapon mastery helps smack down dodge-happy classes. Worth taking against a flat decrease in rage cost of execute? I think so. Imp. Slam, while it makes soloing/farming so much easier, isn't going to help much in heated fights where the other guy is constantly running/circling/kiting/etc.

Blood Frenzy: Some warriors skip a point or two in 2h spec for this; in pure theorycraft, it may be advantageous because it's a 2% increase per talent point, while 2h spec is a 1% increase. But is Blood Frenzy up enough to make it worthwhile?

How many points to put in Imp. Hamstring/Imp. Overpower/2h Spec: Boils down to personal preference; more of a problem for 33/28.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0xdNbqMbzbZVVzm0xRZc is what I use.
---
moo?