This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Characters with accent marks in names

#1Lady_TygryPosted 3/16/2008 4:28:59 AM
I notice I never see any high-level characters with accents in their names, i.e., alt +133 in a name like Mon or whatever. Does a GM come along and change these at some point or is it only a coincidence that I've only seen it on low-levels? Only asking because I don't want one of my names on my placeholders changed to some smartass alternate once I start leveling it.
---
#2KangermuPosted 3/16/2008 4:31:24 AM
If you get reported, you'll have to pick a new name for your character.
---
Granted, I know very little about sex, but this really confuses me. Typical_SW_Fan
TEotH Stripes
#3TheBlueFalconPosted 3/16/2008 4:32:08 AM
Well, my characters with accents aren't very high level. But I contacted a GM a few days ago on one of them, Jn. The GM made no comment about it at all. Same goes for my other accented character, Clie. Maybe because the accents make sense in the names? I don't know for certain.

---
Hey, that's good! Tastes like AAAUGGGGHHH!!!!
_
#4spongemonkey26Posted 3/16/2008 4:32:47 AM
yeah, my name used to have the a and e combined but at level 10 a a gm contacted me and said that the icons didnt match a normal american keyboard so they dc'd me and when i logged back to my char select screen i was prompted to make a new name.
---
Aezra - Rivendare 70 Hunter
#5Lady_Tygry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2008 4:43:34 AM
Meh, I'll have to come up with something else from the get-go then. Every server already has a mage or warlock named Richard: I was just going to slap an accent aigu over the 'i' or something.
---
#6CrazyCeltPosted 3/16/2008 5:03:00 AM
Go with Drahcir then.

Sheesh. Getting as bad as Legolas and Sephiroth.
---
Gone Crazy - Back Soon!
#7Miss TigerPosted 3/16/2008 5:12:07 AM
I don't know about a GM, but I do know that it's incredibly tacky and I have an instant dislike of anyone with accented names <_<
---
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
#8JiruruPosted 3/16/2008 5:13:30 AM
I'm with you, Miss Tiger!

---
"It felt like the music was aimed right at me... like a missile!"
#9ChocolatcityPosted 3/16/2008 5:24:39 AM
they made it leagal 2.3
---
Don't worry, I'm a certified troll handler ;-)
#10Lady_Tygry(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2008 12:34:56 PM
I don't know about a GM, but I do know that it's incredibly tacky and I have an instant dislike of anyone with accented names <_<

I assume you mean an inappropriately-accented name. Still, I'll try not to slit my wrists or lose sleep over it.
---