This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mage: Undead or Troll?

#1Eye_of_HorusPosted 11/26/2008 4:24:09 PM
I honestly can't decide which would make a better mage, since I love both races.

I plan on PvPing and Instancing/Raiding with this character mostly
#2TheStrangePosted 11/26/2008 4:24:52 PM
Undead.

I hate mage/priest Trolls.
---
I believe whatever doesn't kill you simply makes you... stranger.
#3FF_ReduxPosted 11/26/2008 4:26:34 PM
I chose undead, love it but I want to be troll now....
---
My signature ran away....*cry* :( Umm...what!? I found my sig, but now someone kidnapped it /cry
#4ScutchingtonPosted 11/26/2008 4:27:36 PM
Once you go troll you can't re-roll.
---
taurens are quite mount constrained and moreover kodos are OUR THING Take a wolf or a raptor but get your mits off my kodo - Diomedes7
#5VyseTheValiantPosted 11/26/2008 4:27:46 PM
>_> PvP and Raiding / instancing are pretty much the only things to do in the game at level 80, and they're completely different....

My mage is undead, simply because of WotF, best PvP racial alongside Escape artist. Also, I love eating allies when I kill them.

Trolls make good mages I believe, my friend has an 80 troll frost mage and with his haste gear, icy veins, and berserking I think he said he got his frostbolt to around a 1.7 second cast. time, which is nuts.

However, Blood Elves are always a good choice for any caster because of the mana regain and the extra silence.
---
Can't let you brew that, StarBucks!
#6giga marioPosted 11/26/2008 5:43:58 PM
I hear arena teams don't like troll mages/priests, but I've never seen it myself.

Also; an equal level troll mage and undead mage are standing next to each other. Guess who's probably going to get targeted first.
---
Like a lame man's legs, which hang useless,
is a proverb in the mouth of fools.
#7Toofy321Posted 11/26/2008 6:35:27 PM
I'd kill the undead first personally, because I hate all undead players with a passion
#8animazingPosted 11/26/2008 6:35:48 PM
Gnome
---
The most important thing is to learn how to play the guitar before you get 50,000 dollars worth of complicated gear -Slash
Astroph, level 72 Gnome Mage, Lothar
#9BalinorPosted 11/26/2008 6:41:09 PM
Troll! TROLL!!!!!!!!!
---
Before the leaves have fallen. Before we lock the doors
There must be the third and last dance. This one will last forever
#10R_JackalPosted 11/26/2008 6:57:43 PM
Troll Arcane Mages in PvP are fairly well off due to haste stacking and Berserking.

Troll Frost Mages are good in PvP as well, but they just lack an escape like WotF. But, they can get their cast times low enough to the point that a seperate class may not have enough time to interrupt them.
---
XBL Gamertag - Aranami
PSN ID - TBD, need to get un-lazy and sign up.