This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Uber-DPS macro template for Demonology Warlocks.

#1Evil IggyPosted 12/3/2008 2:30:58 AM
I'm going to explain a few things about the dynamics of the spells / abilities involved because when I offered this macro to several other warlocks they had some misconceptions about the way they worked and didn't think the macro would function. If I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know then congratulations, you're the smartest kid in class today, please don't waste our time to berate those who were unaware of the status or changes in these spells / abilities because they aren't here.

1st: Metamorphosis no longer dismisses your pet, it now stay's up and keeps fighting (and DPSing).
2nd: Metamorphosis, Demonic Empowerment and Trinkets do not trigger the Global Cool Down which means that you can cast either one, both, or ALL THREE at the same time AND still cast a regular spell.
3rd: When you Change into demon form you gain 4 spells but you can STILL cast all of your regular spells.

The macro I have included here does the following:
*Shows the tooltip and icon for the spell (assuming you use the question mark icon for the macro).
*Attempts to use both trinkets. This is designed for use with Spellpower boosting trinkets. If you use a PvP trinket then you may want to remove the line that applies to the slot you keep it in.
*Casts Metamorphosis
*Casts Demonic Empowerment only if your summoned pet is an Imp or Felguard.
*Clears out any error messages presented by attempts to use spells or items that are still on cool down.
*And finally it casts the spell of your choosing on your target or on your focus if you are holding the ALT key.

This version shown is for Curse of Agony, but it can be changed just by swapping out the spell name.

#showtooltip Curse of Agony
/use 13
/use 14
/cast Metamorphosis
/cast [pet:Felguard] [pet:imp] Demonic Empowerment
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
/cast [modifier:alt,target=focus] Curse of Agony
/cast [nomodifier,target=target] Curse of Agony

Basically, you get a 20% boost in your damage done for 30 seconds every 3 minutes, your pet gets an extra 20% spell crit for 20 seconds or an extra 20% attack speed for 15 seconds depending on whether you have an Imp or a Felguard summoned, and you also get whatever amount of +Spellpower your trinket offers.

WARNING! If you plan to use this macro while raiding or dungeon running, keep an eye on your threat level. If you previously used none of these abilities you will be DPSing significantly faster than you are used to.

The spells, abilities and items used in this macro reflect a specific style of play. If you don't think it would suit your style then feel free to alter the macro to your tastes or disregard it entirely. I promise you my feelings won't be hurt but do feel free to offer suggestions for changes or improvements.
---
If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
-Founding Father, James Madison
#2zylyaPosted 12/3/2008 3:24:45 AM
I tend to use them one by one - fire off meta, then d.e then the trinkets one after another. A lot of spellpower trinkets won't stack anyway, and I find that it doesn't make my threat rocket out of control.
#3zylyaPosted 12/3/2008 3:29:09 AM
But this macro does look like a lot of fun for some big numbers :D:D
#4Evil Iggy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2008 5:29:11 AM
Just to give an idea of this macro's ability, I tested it out on a level 80 elite Ancient Watcher in Crystalsong Forest.

At level 78 with only basic gear I was able to down him in 20 seconds with out loosing my Felguard.

Recount Clocked my average DPS for the 20 second fight at 1534 with a peak of just over 1800.
---
If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
#5Evil Iggy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2008 6:04:38 AM
Oh, and on a group of 5 level 78 mobs I managed to get it up over 3k.
---
#6strycubusPosted 12/3/2008 6:06:54 AM
shhhhhhh you are telling everyone what all Demo specs already know, now those afflic and destro lackies will all respec.
---
You can't miss something you never had.
#7Evil Iggy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2008 6:36:36 AM
ROFL
---
#8ckcsabrePosted 12/3/2008 7:41:06 AM
Hmm, this seems pretty interesting. I'm a 66 affliction lock' and have been enjoying leveling him for the most part. I respec'd to Demo once I hit 60, but I really didn't like the 3 minute Meta cooldown plus the fact that I didn't have the awesome endtree afflic DoTs.

now that I think about it, though, corruption is easily the best DoT, right? With Demo, my pets will kick tons more ass, I get much more survivability, plus I can utilize the macro you mentioned above. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal.
---
"STAY A WHILE, MOTHER****ER, AND LISTEN!!" - Deckard Cain as voiced by Samuel L. Jackson
#9bluntZZyPosted 12/3/2008 7:46:18 AM
Too bad i get these numbers with destruction without the craptastic pets
#10Evil Iggy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2008 2:44:25 PM
Using what kind of gear and buffs? I haven't even had the chance to test this in a full blown raid yet.
---