This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

As a Enhance Shaman what stats should I be aiming for

#1SirpastaPosted 1/2/2009 10:14:32 AM
Never really knew what stats to aim for so I usually went for Stam/Int and high armor. So what stats should I get for 1) Soloing in Northrend (I hit 70 a week before Wrath so i didnt learn anything through raids) 2) Dungeons 3)Raids and 4)PvP (I love me some BGs)

Thanks in advance! Hiroshaman of Moonrunner
---
I am SirPasta an Advent, a Locust, an Elite, a Gamer!
#2My_WafflesPosted 1/2/2009 10:15:16 AM
Wow someone else from failrunner...rare.
---
" Keylogger", LieutenantMudkp
#3vmp0514Posted 1/2/2009 10:22:39 AM
I leveled as enhancement and stayed with agility, strength, and stamina. I didn't put anything into intelligence since casting isn't my primary source of damage. I never used my enhancement shammy in raids, but in PvP I found them difficult to use, of course the overusage of DeathKnights didn't help make things fair enough for a decent judge of abilities.

My advice is stick with Enhancement for solo / questing / leveling and focus on melee stats and gear. In raids, if you're healing, go resto and focus on intelligence and stamina, spirit as a secondary. In raids as DPS, I don't have enough experience to know if Elemental is more DPS than Enhancement, but my advice is, play what you feel more comfortable as. If you're going Elemental though, gear the stats as you would resto and stick to caster based stats like intellect.
#4adjlPosted 1/2/2009 10:24:55 AM
Agi>Int>Stam>>>>Str.

Hit rating's a priority until you get somewhere around capped (easy for Shamans, at least for specials, since their talents leave only a 2% chance for specials to miss, but you want some extra to offset the DW penalty due to the importance of white damage for Shamans, as well as to help spells), same with Expertise, not sure where Crit or Haste rating stand.
---
"Your" is possessive. "You're" is a contraction of "You are."
It's not that complicated. Get it right.
#5adjlPosted 1/2/2009 10:26:59 AM
Oh, and Raw AP is prioritized somewhere in there with Agi and Int.
---
#6DeadTeenPosted 1/2/2009 10:27:01 AM
The poster above is wrong, Spell damage is One HUGE source of our damage, going along with our melee attack power.

Go For Hit, Agility, Crit, AP, Haste.
Dont Ever worry about strenght it is kind of useless to us.
If you get mail items it usually has int so it covers, raiding naxx you wants at least 8k-9k mana.
Again Spell damage is very important part of our rotation.
---
BONG! Deadteen Walking!!! 80 Shaman- Hellscream EU, 70 Rogue- Hellscream EU
SSBB Friend Code : 0302 1237 6230
#7DeadTeenPosted 1/2/2009 10:27:27 AM
By above i meant VMP
---
BONG! Deadteen Walking!!! 80 Shaman- Hellscream EU, 70 Rogue- Hellscream EU
SSBB Friend Code : 0302 1237 6230
#8adjlPosted 1/2/2009 10:28:45 AM
The poster above is wrong, Spell damage is One HUGE source of our damage, going along with our melee attack power.

But you don't gear for spell damage. What you get from AP is more or less enough, making AP-increasing stats a priority. Only thing that might change is the emphasis placed on spell hit, and whether or not to go so far as to cap that.
---
#9adjlPosted 1/2/2009 10:29:20 AM
By above i meant VMP

Then I suppose arguing my position wasn't necessary >.>
---
#10Happy_MCGPosted 1/2/2009 11:26:33 AM
Ignore everyone in this thread. Other than me, of course.

Read this: http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t20765-shaman_enhancement/

You're welcome.
---
NUM NUM NUM NUM NUM FEED THE TROLLS YUMMY BACON - love_pirate