This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you get an item enchanted?

#1AwesomeNameHerePosted 1/19/2009 11:32:40 AM
I mean, do you just give it to them and they enchant it? Or do you have to do something else?

Also, obviously i know your profession has to be enchanting, but how do you get it enchanted by someone else?

inb4coolstorybro
---
pencil
#2pipsqueak160Posted 1/19/2009 11:33:25 AM
coolstorybrah

---
Currently Playing: WoW
Always Playing: ZOE: The 2nd Runner, Shadow of the Colossus
#3NiftyManZPosted 1/19/2009 11:34:27 AM
When you trade someone, there is a item slot on the very bottom that will allow the item to be modified without the person enchanting it needing to obtain the item to do the enchantment. I don't know if that makes much sense... but if you actually open a trade with someone, you will know what i mean.
---
Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.6 || Evga GeForce 9800GTX || 8 Gb RAM (I love having excessive amounts of RAM)
#4CarefulRaidenPosted 1/19/2009 11:44:48 AM
The do not trade item slot allows them to alter the item while in the trade window, without letting them actually grab a hold of it and have them steal it.
This also means soulbound items can be enchanted by someone other than yourself.
---
XBL GT:Some 3 Year Old, PSN:The3YearOld, MGO:Some3YearOld
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/delicious.png http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq78/Gsierra50/nihao.jpg
#5gaparr64Posted 1/19/2009 11:44:50 AM
Usually this is how it goes:

You look up the enchant on wowhead.
You buy the mats from the AH.
You spam trade channel saying "WTB enchant XX to slot YY, will tip have mats".
You give the mats to the enchanter.
You put the item in the "will not be traded" slot of the trade screen and put the tip in.
The item gets enchanted, and the enchanter gets his tip.
---
Now Playing - WoW, CoD4
"Don't you worry about Wikipedia, we'll change it when we get home." - Homer
#6rdc30Posted 1/19/2009 11:49:05 AM
whats to stop the enchanter from just taking the mats?
---
Buy the collector's edition of Starcraft: Ghost and get a free copy of Warcraft : Lord of the Clans, as well as access to the Duke Nukem Forever beta!
#7rhombencephalonPosted 1/19/2009 12:08:37 PM
Technically... nothing stops them from stealing the mats. But you can report them through a GM ticket and generally get your items back. They can check the chat logs where the two of you agree to perform the enchant.

The community is somewhat self-policing. If a player were to actually steal the mats, generally it gets spammed in trade chat and people know not to do business with them again.
---
Of course its difficult. Its called a shortcut; if it was easy, it'd just be "The Way."
#8gaparr64Posted 1/19/2009 4:39:04 PM
I've never had an enchanter steal my mats and I've had hundreds of items enchanted this way.
---
Now Playing - WoW, CoD4
"Don't you worry about Wikipedia, we'll change it when we get home." - Homer
#9AwesomeNameHere(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2009 12:38:34 PM
How much is a normal tip for a fiery enchant?
---
pencil
#10sweetsourporkPosted 1/20/2009 12:39:40 PM
10c