This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

weird symbols in names...

#1CounterShockPosted 3/21/2009 4:45:07 PM
i'm getting a character change - sex, and name. and am planning on using the alt 161 version of the letter i.. is that alloud? just making sure.
#2Heineken14Posted 3/21/2009 4:45:57 PM
I don't know what alloud means, but the use of those characters isn't allowed, and if someone reports you, you'll have to change it.
---
Maybe we got 'em demoralized.
#3bkkorpsPosted 3/21/2009 4:47:02 PM
There was talk of them eliminating the ability to use those characters and forcing name changes for anyone with them, but i dont know if that fell through.

Those characters are annoying for other people, so i would never use them myself.
---
Squaring numbers are just like women, if they're under thirteen just do them in your head.
#4Wyrmwarrior5Posted 3/21/2009 4:53:22 PM
You can name your character that, but you can get reported for it and get forced to change your name.
---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Eiseva
Noob Ret. :(
#5Foxy1027Posted 3/21/2009 4:58:37 PM

i have íin my name... actually i have 2... and no ones reported me... so far, lol

#6ChamocoolPosted 3/21/2009 5:02:59 PM
i have ó in my name, and I've made tickets for other stuff, got an answer from the gm, and they have never said anything about it.
---
Good luck to me...
#7ddrboy54Posted 3/21/2009 5:06:20 PM
It's not allowed on North American servers but allowed on others where the characters actually have meaning.

Doesn't stop people though.
---
Is browsing incognito.
http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/Images/21-Telltale.jpg
#8LinkMayhemPosted 3/21/2009 5:07:37 PM
My name is Säälimätön which is finnish for Merciless, appropriate for my fury warrior

I just liked it and it came to me
---
You can hold a .44 magnum to my head and say, 'You can have your brains splattered on the $&#*ing wall or play rap.' I'd say, 'Pull the trigger, man!'
#9OrochiStormPosted 3/21/2009 5:09:47 PM
I'm fairly certain you can no longer even create characters using those letters in the name, actually. A friend tried it a while back and it told him to gtfo.

Which is good, because people who use names like that are very clearly dumb.
---
Well you suck at rogue i have a lvl 41 so i know more -nick8676764
#10LinkMayhemPosted 3/21/2009 5:11:34 PM
I just started this last month, so CLEARLY you still can. It's not dumb, it's unique since there are so many people with 15+ toons taking up all the names.

If you can't handle shift clicking a name to add to a friend or sending it to someone, perhaps you are the stupid one?
---
You can hold a .44 magnum to my head and say, 'You can have your brains splattered on the $&#*ing wall or play rap.' I'd say, 'Pull the trigger, man!'