This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is this average DPS for my class/lvl?

#1DexRebornPosted 4/1/2009 7:12:15 PM
Hey guys. I've been leveling a warlock, which is my first character ever in WoW, and he's now 75. I've been read and heard about how DPS classes work and I'm just wondering if I'm doing ok or what kind of improvements I need to make. I just got recount and did violet hold for the first time twice, first time getting about 1275 dps and the second time getting about 1340 dps (I think it was because I won a nice ring my first run). Is this average for my level/spec, and if not, what can I do to improve? Here's my armory btw. Thanks for the advice.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Twisting+Nether&n=Athrigos
---
www.whatsupguy.com
Xbox Live GT: Dextro584
#2brandstep18Posted 4/1/2009 7:18:55 PM
dont worry about dps till 80 all the instances r easy enuf anyone can do them anyways
---
Xbox Live GT:
Supafly12
#3atreyu31373Posted 4/1/2009 7:19:08 PM
at 75 thats not bad, but when you hit 80 and you start a heroic plan on doing 1700+ DPS, hopefully you'll have someone there to pick up some slack. I like to make sure that the DPS averages 2k in a heroic.

But yes your doing fine. I didn't check your gear though, im too lazy.
---
Zombie Reagan for President
"rap is music, but 95% of it sucks." Darkman49.
#4DexReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2009 7:28:07 PM
Well when I hit 80 I was planning on doing non heroic instances first to kinda gear up a bit more to help my DPS out because I'm not sure that I would be able to pull the kind of numbers needed in a heroic. Would you suggest that as well?

Also, at 80 I'm going to respec to felguard/emberstorm. Mainly because I've heard its going the be the best dps spec come 3.1 but also, since I respeced from affliction, I've grown very fond of my felguard. I was affliction from 1-58 but I respecced demo for TBC and WOTLK since so many enemies are immune to fear and I can now solo 3 man group quests.
---
www.whatsupguy.com
#5DexReborn(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2009 7:42:07 PM
dont worry about dps till 80 all the instances r easy enuf anyone can do them anyways

Yeah I understand what you're saying but I'd like to try to learn what I can now so that I'll be as well prepared as I can be when I hit 80 and can start doing the real instances, which is why I'm asking for advice. If I'm using a rotation thats not all that great, I'd rather have someone with more experience let me know now know so that I can practice it while I level up to 80.
---
www.whatsupguy.com