This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best place to farm cobalt?

#1xXMaxie360XxPosted 4/11/2009 7:15:32 AM
As I'm gathering the gold for my epic flier, I decided to level my mining that had been sitting at like 60 for ages.
Now I'm at 350 and can mine cobalt, what is the best zone to do this if you don't
have an epic flyer yet?
By taking a quick look at the map, Zul'drak seems to be a good place. Any advice?
---
I have no life? I'm a gamer, I have thousands of lives!
#2Ivany2008Posted 4/11/2009 9:15:09 AM
i actually found borean tundra to be quite rich with cobalt ore, that and howling fjord

with the higher up areas you run into too many rich cobalt nodes
---
Every emo kid sounds better when they are voiced by Gaara of the Desert
#3Splinter_WithinPosted 4/11/2009 9:18:58 AM
Yup zuldrak was great for me. Theres alot of areas that have huge amounts that spawn. I dont remember what the name of the add-on is but it takes all the nodes from wowhead, and uploads them to your gatherer. And by doing this, you can basically see the best places to fly.

After that head to Sholazar Basin. Alot of ore there.

---
I do not care about grammar, spelling, or anything of the english language. Feel free to point this out, and ill butcher the language even further.
#4JJroootPosted 4/11/2009 9:38:25 AM
i like dragonblight
---
Get off your knees ref, your blowing the game!!!
#5xXMaxie360Xx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2009 9:40:49 AM
375 now, so no worries about rich veins.
I seem to run into saronite horribly often in Zul'drak though...
---
#6AuspexAOPosted 4/11/2009 9:44:33 AM
Saronite in Zul'drak....hmmmm. I've never seen much there, mostly cobalt/rich cobalt. Saronite is EVERYWHERE in Sholozar Basin. I mined enough there to cap eng in one night :) For cobalt I suggest that you head to either Borean Tundra or Dragonblight and run the perimeter of the zone. You'll get quite a bit. Sadly cobalt seems to be priced about the same as the higher-tiered Saronite on my server, so I usually favor it as well for gold farming (better ore/bar ratio, after all)

---
"It's too late to correct it," said the Red Queen: "when you've once said a thing, that fixes it, and you must take the consequences"
#7LordFreezerPosted 4/11/2009 9:57:00 AM
Zuldrak for Cobalt, Sholazar or WG for Saronite.
#8xXMaxie360Xx(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2009 11:26:07 AM
Yeah Wintergrasp is my next stop, since I don't have epic flying and Sholazar is... *quite* farmed.
---