This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Easiest proto-drake to get?

#1FlyingAlpacaPosted 4/11/2009 2:54:02 PM
After a week of farming and a quick loan from a friend, I finally got my epic flying mount training/gryphon. However, while the gryphon is cool and all, I'd love to become a mount collector. After I pay back that little loan from a friend, I'll be free to spend my gold elsewhere. For instance, I'm going to be buying a Red Drake, as I've been exalted with Wyrmrest since November.

Thing is, I'd really like a proto-drake. Can anyone give me some details on which is the easiest to get? And by easiest, I mean takes less time and can be obtained by someone who isn't exactly the most.....loved.....person on the server.

---
Dagery, Level 80 Human Rogue-Bleeding Hollow
Snuggles, Level 75 Human Death Knight-Bleeding Hollow
#2ShAdE_sLaYeR_16Posted 4/11/2009 2:55:31 PM
oracles rep reward
---
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.
F Arthas, Arthas sucks.
#3Bald-n-NekkidPosted 4/11/2009 2:55:48 PM
Time-Lost and Green, but the latter is purely based on luck and the former would require an ass load of camping, and a nice chunk of luck
---
The GameFAQs WoW board is the McDonald's ball pit playground of WoW boards - ILuvNeve
#4lordofchipmunksPosted 4/11/2009 2:56:01 PM
The red. And get revered with oracles. And run UP everyday. And do holiday.
---
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/Cynith/theGameFAQSibrokeit.jpg
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i256/Cynith/orly.jpg
#5ArmedxResponsePosted 4/11/2009 2:56:29 PM
I would say the green one from exalted rep with the oracles, but that is time consuming as you have to wait 1 week for the egg you buy to hatch...easy though.
---
Is there no hope but to be smashed by the mighty buns of Honda?
E. Honda-"I need to go to work today"-*Shoots self down highway like a human missile*
#6CatToyPosted 4/11/2009 2:57:05 PM
Green would probably be "easiest", but very time consuming with it's drop rate.
---
"Anyone who slaughters baby seals for their fur must surely be in service to the evil Lich King." P.E.T.A on World of Warcraft
#7JedibaracudaPosted 4/11/2009 3:04:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8JedibaracudaPosted 4/11/2009 3:11:09 PM
To maximize your chances of getting a proto-drake:

1): Get revered with the Oracles and always have a mysterious egg in your inventory.
2): Run H UP every day
3): Go for the heroic achievements whenever possible.
4): Spend free time patrolling the Time-Lost Proto-Drake's route in Storm Peaks. Extremely boring, extremely time consuming, and still very luck based. To give you an idea of how rare it is, it has a 1 in 15 chance of spawning in place of Vyragosa, another rare spawn.
5): Don't bother with the raid ones. By the time you get all of them, 3.1 will be out and the drakes will be gone.

But to answer your question, how easy a proto-drake is to get would depend on your luck. If you are a very unlucky person like me, than the easiest time-wise would probably be the Red Proto-Drake which you get from doing a list of achievements in heroic 5 mans which range from 'so-easy-you'll-get without-even-trying' to 'banging-your-head -against t-he-wall-frustrating'.

If by easy, you mean least amount of effort, than Green Proto-Drake from the Oracles is, by far, the easiest.

---
"Before you insult someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you do, you'll be a mile away with their shoes."
#9FdshadowPosted 4/11/2009 3:23:21 PM
Luck is luck, as in 'random', thus the Green Drake and the Time-Lost are both easy and hard to get. You could get the Plagued and the Red Drakes and still not have them.

The Blue is the easiest, IMO. Heroics are simple enough, if you can win the roll.
---
Playing- Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil 5.
GT- Vireyex
#10acidraverPosted 4/11/2009 5:07:58 PM
black, All I had to do was attend raids and it came in the mail after a few weeks
---
http://www.last.fm/user/acidraver
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Crushridge&n=Ellyria