This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So um...is Goon Squad (Huge Mal'Ganis Guild) serious?

#1Flame_HazardPosted 4/23/2009 6:36:01 PM
They've got nearly 3k members, and I went and checked their site a while back. I read the whole front page and was pretty impressed until I got to the monthly fee. $50 a month if you want to have the privileges of a regular raider, and supposedly the potential to enter EJ. Then I found this guild, <We Know Girls> on the Elitist Jerks forums, checked their general forum and found this thread:

http://wkg.arygos.us/drama/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2674

Initially leads me to believe the monthly fee is a joke, but the second post is so confusing that I can't tell. I can't seem to find any other info about this guild either. So..if anyone knows what the real deal is with GS, it'd be much appreciated, as I'd consider joining it if I ever server transfer my char (but not if it really has some sort of monthly fee, which seems highly unlikely >.>).

This really is a serious question btw. I can be gullible if I don't have any reason to believe otherwise.
---
Warning: EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE! Keep away from populated message boards.
#2rdc30Posted 4/23/2009 6:39:47 PM
your not logging mah keyz!
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[-Red ||||||||||||||| -Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] -Blue
#3Flame_Hazard(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2009 6:45:00 PM
My my, you caught me. Aren't you a bright one!

You have to applaud me for trying though eh?
---
#4ArctimonPosted 4/23/2009 6:45:18 PM
I personally do not play on that server, but I went to the site, and paying to be in a guild sounds ridiculous.

What do they even do with all the money they get from members joining?
---
I don't give a crap about who made the topic; people making topics just to troll are morons.
#5GreatDrakePosted 4/23/2009 6:48:29 PM
from what I heard they are supposed to be a pretty good guild and the fee helps keep it good as people are more likely to be on good behavior not ninja things like that as you've spent real money to be in the guild and they can still kick you if your not.
---
Are those who get attacked by fire specced gnome mages suffering small arms fire?
#6Flame_Hazard(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2009 6:48:59 PM
If i recall correctly, the reason they stated was that a guild of that size requires a full time staff that they have to pay. Seemed believable the first time I read it. I just want some confirmation from somewhere since that WKG thread gives me some doubts.
---
#7that1dude35Posted 4/23/2009 6:50:10 PM
It's a huge joke. You guys are gullible.
#8helpwithvalor6Posted 4/23/2009 6:59:54 PM
We know girls isn't really that active anymore.
---
Mi Roflknief gose sliec sliec sleic sleic sleic LOLOLOLLOLOLOOLOLOLOL!!!11!!!11!!1one!11!!
Blood pls kthx
#9Flame_Hazard(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2009 7:13:07 PM
I was talking about transferring over to join Goon Squad, not WKG. Just using that WKG thread as a reference really.

Anyway, so it is a joke? Any idea what the real reqs are to join? Looks like an amazing guild really.
---
#10Cinder_SquallPosted 4/23/2009 7:21:29 PM
We don't need more horde.
---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mal%27Ganis&n=Kitsuragi