This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Inscription perks Vs Alchemy perks

#1makenshiePosted 4/27/2009 1:54:32 PM
So I've recently power leveled my herbalism, but with no real thought of what other profession to get. What are some perks of Alchemy compared to Inscription?
---
" I see, do it again." - A blind man
#2darkshadowmasterPosted 4/27/2009 1:57:10 PM
Alch: You get to make yourself pots & flasks and I believe they last 40% longer on you.

Inscription: Possibly make money creating darkmoon cards & bad ass shoulder enchants.
---
Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; an argument is an exchange of ignorance.
#3Cloud58Posted 4/27/2009 1:59:34 PM
Honestly, alchemy seems to have more perks to me. Inscription's main perk is the powerful shoulder chant, which is very nice and is useful for PVP when compared to alchemy. Alchemy is more useful PVE wise. Whenever you can flask, ie raiding, the buff from inscription is nil because your flasks are more powerful, and also last twice as long. It also has the alchemy trinks, which are nice until you can replace them later. And being able to make your own pots will save you money in the long run.
#4buddlesPosted 4/27/2009 2:07:24 PM
Inscription way better than alchemy, amazing shoulder enchant. The only thing you somewhat need from alchemy is pots.. but you can buy those off the AH, and pots aren't even that expensive, you can't buy the shoulder enchant.
#5buddlesPosted 4/27/2009 2:09:36 PM
o.. and btw, you can just level up a second toon with alchemy, make all the pots and flasks you want
#6BlubyyouPosted 4/27/2009 2:21:57 PM
The alchemy perk "mixology" makes flasks have a ~40% increased effect + twice the duration. The increased effect from flask of endless rage is actually exactly the same as the extra benefit the master inscription of the axe has over hodir enchants.
#7buddlesPosted 4/27/2009 2:25:43 PM
The alchemy perk "mixology" makes flasks have a ~40% increased effect + twice the duration. The increased effect from flask of endless rage is actually exactly the same as the extra benefit the master inscription of the axe has over hodir enchants.

yes.. but at the cost of losing a spot for a better trinket... sooo imo still inscription > alchemy
#8nitestrkrPosted 4/27/2009 2:29:02 PM
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=43569 in arenas is great. Now where is my endless box of grenades?
---
If she's vegetarian then you'll have well and truly pissed on your chips. ~Hicks
#9RiderFaizPosted 4/27/2009 2:38:39 PM
yes.. but at the cost of losing a spot for a better trinket... sooo imo still inscription > alchemy

What the hell are you talking about. The 40% increase is from the mixology spell itself, not from the alchemist stone.
---
This is gonna be legen ... wait for it .... dary.
#10BlubyyouPosted 4/27/2009 2:40:34 PM

You're obviously very confused about the profession itself so your opinion is worthless due to your lack of knowledge on the topic.