This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Starting a Shaman - BoA gear

#1highatriskPosted 7/17/2009 5:15:07 PM
Would elemental be viable for a shaman from the get go if you've got a full set of BoA stuff? The weapon, trinket, and shoulders? Or would enhancement still be the way to go till I hit Outland/Northrend and pick up some decent spellpower gear?

If enhancement, should I grab the BoA dagger?

This is RaF if it matters at all.
#2MegeasPosted 7/17/2009 5:19:41 PM
Go with what you want (seems like elemental.)

With the BOA items you'll be fine just carry some water and dont be afraid to roll on cloth items.

PS: Daggers suck for enhancment. the slower the speed the bigger the Windfury attack.
#3beast421227Posted 7/17/2009 5:19:45 PM
Many people will laugh at you if you grab the dagger.
It's probably just better to wait until 3.2 and grab the new 1h mace heirloom.
---
A death knight, because Sephiroth from FF7 is like a death knight, and sadly, when no ones home, i reenact the battle as Sephiroth - Tsnipy
#4highatrisk(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2009 5:22:00 PM
PS: Daggers suck for enhancment. the slower the speed the bigger the Windfury attack.
Many people will laugh at you if you grab the dagger.

That's what I figured. Oh well guess I don't need the weapon anyway. I'll stick with enhance just for the lack of downtime and wait till Outland anyway. I'm only going to be healing at 80 anyway, so it doesn't make too much of a difference as I level.
#5TheshamenPosted 7/17/2009 5:41:31 PM
Min maxing procs really doesnt matter till end game but just grab the elemental shoulders, you can use em for healing and ranged dps and again stats really dont matter all to much until endgame.
---
I will not change this sig until Alterac Valley is reverted pre-BC http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18601080710&sid=1
12/21/08
#6highatrisk(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2009 5:44:21 PM
Oh, I know that, I've got 4 80's already. I already had the Arcanite Reaper on my pally anyway, so I grabbed that, the mail melee shoulders, and the spellcasting and melee trinkets. I didn't have anything else to do with all the emblems anyway.

Once I hit nr I'll switch to ele. I'm only gonna be healing once I hit 80 on this character, so I'll gear up with ele and be ready for heroics hopefully when I ding 80.
#7Fr0z3n_50ldi3rPosted 7/17/2009 5:51:01 PM
Arcanite Reaper surpisingly is very powerful for enhancement. Even when you're 40 and get dual weild, the lack of good 1 handed weapons(besides swords, which we can't use), makes Arcanite Reaper pretty much better than anything till Outlands.
#8highatrisk(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2009 5:52:57 PM
Arcanite Reaper surpisingly is very powerful for enhancement. Even when you're 40 and get dual weild, the lack of good 1 handed weapons(besides swords, which we can't use), makes Arcanite Reaper pretty much better than anything till Outlands.

That's very good to know. :-) Thanks
#9eternalreiPosted 7/17/2009 6:00:34 PM
Yeah, get the reaper.

I started a new shaman *really wanted an orc shaman* and picked up the mail melee shoulders and the axe. Basically 1 shotting all monsters in duratar is a good feeling. Never have to rest and you can kill things in 1-3 shots *use Earth Shock to pull*. You're invincible!

Plus, I was also thinking of getting a warrior up at one point. So having the axe *buying another one soon* was a good investment.
---
No pain remains, no feeling. Eternity awaits!
The Light rewards faith, not form