This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what's the best weapon type for elemental shaman

#1SaveUsXxetrofPosted 7/29/2009 3:12:10 PM
topic
---
Boards I've saved: MMBN3B (GBA), CE, PWB (WWE), LoZ: MM (N64), The Sims (GC), Sonic The Hedgehog (GEN)
#2AnaTheCatPosted 7/29/2009 3:12:48 PM
One with intellect, stamina, crit, haste, hit and spell power
#3eternalreiPosted 7/29/2009 3:32:36 PM
You want Daggers or 1h Maces, which ever gives you the most Int, SP, Haste and Crit.

The reason being is that we can use shields and other off hand weapons, so the slight bonus of Staffs is overridden by the things you can place in your offhand *usually*.
---
No pain remains, no feeling. Eternity awaits!
The Light rewards faith, not form
#4eternalreiPosted 7/29/2009 3:33:02 PM
Oh, yeah, and hit.

Can't believe I forgot that one.
---
#5EvoIutionPosted 7/29/2009 3:44:56 PM
I wonder this too. Are Daggers/1h maces best for leveling one up?
---
-.- Evolution... you... again...- raazychx
#6eternalreiPosted 7/29/2009 3:55:51 PM
Your best bet is to go Enhance till 60. There's very few good items out there for elemental shaman till outland. You're better served just hashing it out as enhance and switching later.

But yeah. If you want to level as elemental, then you're probably going to be using staffs, daggers and maces, just choosing whichever has the most Int/SP on it at the time. There will be very few items with a lot of crit, haste or hit while leveling.

A good 2h weapon will server you very well through out most of 1-60, but you can also go Dual Weild at around 40ish. You'll get a few spells then that will help out a ton. Unfortunately, right now, there aren't a lot of great shaman weapons you can get with heirloom items. That 2 handed axe you can buy is fantastic though. You'll mostly be playing as a warrior with spells through most of your lower levels though. It seems bad, but a lot of the nifty spells and abilities don't come in till after 60. I'd also recommend leveling as enhance till at least 75. That's when you get Lava Burst. You can level as elemental before then and it's a ton of fun, but lava burst just makes it sooooo much easier. Plus, feral spirits is a fantastic leveling ability.

Stay away from leveling as resto though. You can't die, but you also level painfully slow. Get Dual Spec if you want, just avoid leveling as resto as much as possible.
---