This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the stat priority for Resto Druids and Boomkins?

#1carmellarocksPosted 8/24/2009 9:50:52 PM
???

---
# of People who have told me hi: 130
[Not removing this from my signature until I decide to remove this from my signature.]
#2carmellarocks(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2009 8:01:49 PM
bumpage

---
# of People who have told me hi: 130
[Not removing this from my signature until I decide to remove this from my signature.]
#3Shrimp MoldPosted 8/27/2009 8:05:28 PM
Not sure on Resto, for Boomkins: Hit rating (to cap) > Haste rating (to soft cap) > Spellpower > Crit rating > Haste rating > Intellect > Spirit.

And some more info if you're wondering:

Hit cap is 263 (237 for Alliance with a Draenei in their group). Otherwise, raid composition is not an issue, as we provide the spell hit debuff ourselves. Against a sub-83 target, talents are sufficient to reach cap, so hit on gear does not add anything. The current tooltip for Balance of Power is erroneous; it still provides 4% to hit and the hit cap is unchanged from 3.1.

The soft haste cap is the point at which your GCD hits the 1 second minimum with Nature's Grace up. With Improved Moonkin Form, Celestial Focus, and Wrath of Air Totem, this occurs at 401 haste rating. Missing WoA, it's 585.

Taken from ElitistJerks Moonkin Beginner Guide; http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t59457-moonkin_beginner_guide_updated_3_2_a/
---
Ha-ha! Cookies on a dowel.
#4AceBandage JrPosted 8/27/2009 8:10:34 PM
For Resto it's usually:

Haste -> SP -> MP5 -> Crit -> Int
---
<('.'<)(^'.'<) (^'.'^) <( '.' )> (^'.'^) (>'.'^)(>'.')> DO THE KIRBY!!
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?
#5zeldamaster2006Posted 8/27/2009 8:12:46 PM
For Resto it's usually:

Haste -> SP -> MP5 -> Crit -> Int

Definitely not. SP > Spirit > Int > Haste > Crit
---
Resto Druid
#6Tommyguitar87Posted 8/27/2009 8:19:39 PM
Resto
http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t37578-restoration_itemization/

Boomkin
http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t59457-moonkin_beginner_guide_updated_3_2_a/

I would put the homepage of this website as a bookmark for future reference.
---
"They call me the candyman cause my moves are so sweet"
"Yeah, well they call me the pig cause I say sexist and derogatory things to women"
#7Kupo03Posted 8/27/2009 8:25:11 PM
SP > Spirit > Int > Haste > Crit

This is pretty misleading as well.

As a Resto Druid, after you reach the soft cap for a 1 sec GCD with your hots (359 with raid buffs) you should be going for whatever provides the maximum amount of spell power. Haste is more important than Spirit or Int until this point. You should be taking the spirit that comes with your gear and that's it. As for gems, use one orange and one purple for meta and that's it. I'd rank Spirit above Int because it gives spell power too but they're both good for pure regen.

SP > Haste until soft cap > Spirit > Int > Haste (buffer) > Crit

---
Altar of Storms Horde: 80 Restoration Druid, 80 Rogue, 39 Priestess
Thunderlord Alliance: 80 Retribution/Protection Paladin, 70 Warlock, 29 Huntress
#8zeldamaster2006Posted 8/27/2009 8:28:38 PM
SP > Haste until soft cap > Spirit > Int > Haste (buffer) > Crit

Fair point, but I believe the soft cap is 401? without Celestial Focus which not many resto specs take.
---
Resto Druid
#9Kupo03Posted 8/27/2009 9:21:02 PM
Fair point, but I believe the soft cap is 401? without Celestial Focus which not many resto specs take.

Nah, it's 359 with raid buffs. Around 263 with Celestial Focus, which shouldn't be taken unless you're desperate for haste.
---
Altar of Storms Horde: 80 Restoration Druid, 80 Rogue, 39 Priestess
Thunderlord Alliance: 80 Retribution/Protection Paladin, 70 Warlock, 29 Huntress