This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

gnomish or goblin engineering for a rogue

#1nightcolaPosted 10/21/2009 10:52:38 PM
I heard that some items can also be used by the other but Im unsure which path to go down.
#2my_name_is_EdPosted 10/21/2009 10:56:35 PM
Goblin = Explosives. Slight chance of backfire
Gnome = Interesting nooks and crannies greater chance of backfire
---
Not changing sig untill "Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny" by Bloodhound Gang is added to RB or GH.
Started 09/08/09
#3pies12Posted 10/21/2009 10:59:13 PM
JC/BS
---
"Obviously it was the most epic bubble hearth of all time."
~FalcownPAUNCH on Dalaran being moved to Northrend.
#4my_name_is_EdPosted 10/21/2009 11:01:56 PM
I'd prolly go with goblin. But I'm biased cause i like fire and love to blow **** up
---
Not changing sig untill "Kiss Me Where It Smells Funny" by Bloodhound Gang is added to RB or GH.
Started 09/08/09
#5Sexy_McfineassPosted 10/21/2009 11:43:50 PM
Gnomish exclusives:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spells=11.202.20219

Goblin exclusives:
http://www.wowhead.com/?spells=11.202.20222

Note that the above items are items that can only be MADE by their respective specs. That doesn't necessarily mean the other spec can't USE the item.

Neither spec is especially advantageous over the other; I'd go with whichever spec has items which seem more fun. For practicality purposes, Goblin engineering is superior. Gnomish engineering gets you a teleport to Toshley's Station and a teleport to Gadgetzan. Goblin Engineering gets you a teleport to Everlook and a teleport to area 52.

The Area 52 and Toshley's Station teleports cancel each other out, since they both transport you to essentially the same place, though Area 52 is slightly better than Toshley's station. The Everlook teleport is much better than the Gadgetzan teleport since Dalaran already has a portal that takes players to Tanaris.

So the Goblin teleporters are better than the Gnomish ones. Therefore, for practicality purposes you'd want to do Goblin engineering. However, Gnomish engineering provides entertaining items such as X-ray specs, world enlargers, shrink rays, etc. So what's more important to you: slightly fun but ultimately useless items, or a teleport to Everlook?
#6GobizkuPosted 10/21/2009 11:50:51 PM

JC/BS

I believe Eng was proven to be the best profession if you use your saronite bombs every cooldown, which would make Eng/JC the best combination.
---
"Chaos Is Not Entropy...Chaos Is Continual Creation." -Praxis
Preparation For A Coming Darkness