This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Warrior or DK for DPS?

#1_ClericPosted 11/23/2009 7:15:31 PM
I'm debating between a Fury Warrior and DW DK for dps. I'm really interested in playing, and I like both of these classes because they can tank. I'm sort of leaning towards Warrior because it seems like there are so many DKs and it seems they have such a bad reputation. I almost never join a group for a heroic without a dk already being in the group. I'm not worried if either a Warrior or DK is not the absolute best tank at the moment, because I'm more of a casual raider and any raid guild I join isn't huge on min/maxing. So, I'm just looking for some advice. Thanks in advance.
---
Don't worry all WotLK dungeons are being designed to last 15 mins and shoot loot all over player's faces like Peter North blowing his load on an entire sorority
#2DeviantOnePosted 11/23/2009 7:17:29 PM
Both do great DPS and can tank well. DK can self heal.
---
DeviantOne
#3Sellus GraviusPosted 11/23/2009 7:18:35 PM
Warrior, hands down.
#4RoughNTumblePosted 11/23/2009 7:19:22 PM
As a non-fail DK, the discrimination is pretty infuriating.
---
Grandparents dead - please no jokes
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u233/jacobiztehroxor/Micahyay.png
#5CrazyFool319Posted 11/23/2009 7:29:30 PM
Id say DK, they tend to dps a tad better, their resources are much more easily managed. Warrior is good, but if you are planning on a new char, dks start at 55 and will get you into end game much much faster.
#6DownsmashPosted 11/23/2009 9:01:09 PM
DK. +20% melee haste, +13% spell damage taken, easily spreadable in AoE, or +10% attack power buffs. Take your pick.
#7Agentorange657Posted 11/23/2009 9:44:02 PM
Both dks and warriors do almost the exact same damage single target (at higher ends, a dk will pull ahead however), but a warrior will pull good numbers on aoe whereas a dk will pull amazing numbers.

Both are great, but a dk is slightly "better". Go with w/e you're fine with either.

now if you said spreist or dk.....
---
Being a troll is much like the Dr Shoal's commercials, either you're gellin' or you're just one of the hapless n00bs who isn't. - Another_gamer
#8BF_SkinnerPosted 11/23/2009 9:45:49 PM
in my experience, as of late, dual wield frost DK's are often near the top of the charts while warriors always seem to be in the middle

inb4 i group with bad warriors
---
Name the movie in which both words of the title do NOT follow the orthographical rule of 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.
#9Worgen_FreemanPosted 11/23/2009 9:47:41 PM
Deathknights. And I have both DK and warrior at level 80 at around the same level of gear. Warrs just can't touch DKs. Especially in ToC where all the fights have some form of 2 or more target phases.
---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Century
#10BogePosted 11/23/2009 9:52:59 PM
Play the one you think is more fun because regardless of which one is stronger, all classes have their ups and downs and you'll end up on the downside sooner or later. It's whether you enjoy the class that will get you through the storm.