This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Alchemy specs; Pros and Cons of each?

#1Paranoia_PandaPosted 1/25/2010 2:07:59 PM
Trying to decide which to choose
#2LazyKennyPosted 1/25/2010 2:09:33 PM
Potions: Well some people buy wild magics and speed potions...
Transmutes: Never procs
Elixirs: Also known as flask spec, people want these types usually.
---
Then I bust out Sudowoodo, and you're like "lol grass" so you try fire BUT IT DOESN'T WORK BECAUSE SUDOWOODO IS A ****ING ROCK!
#3Final Fantasy 7774Posted 1/25/2010 2:10:40 PM
Elixir spec--- make a lot of money. Srsrly. Extra flask procs are FTW. Lots of extras! Do it!
Transmute spec--- get an extra epic gem once or twice a month (maybe more if you're lucky)
Pot spec--- Extra potions of speed or mana pots, great to have at least one in every raiding guild, as i'm always searching for one for potions of speed, but can never find any.
---
98% of people have tried drugs. If you're too stoned to care, copy and paste this into your sig.
Weed: my anti-Drug
#4Snowy_OnePosted 1/25/2010 2:11:41 PM
I'm transmute... And the pro is fairly obvious. You use Transmute mastery to make high-end gems that sell for 150+G each once a day. So when it proccs, you get at LEAST 150 gold back, more if you get more than a X2. However since you can only do a gem transmute once a day, it won't happen often.
---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Moonrunner&n=Critine
With the power of love and friendship! RESSURECTION!
#5LordlyRavenPosted 1/25/2010 2:18:33 PM
Doesn't transmute proc off of titanium now? You get 1 titanium bar for 8 saronites, with a chance to proc more. No CD. My proc rate so far is around 4-5% on my flasks with elixir mastery.
---
Honey, I don't know what you are. For all I know, you could be some fat dude sitting in a stim chair with his **** hanging out. - Bruce Willis in Surrogates
#6AMonkeyPosted 1/25/2010 2:20:45 PM
The market for titanium bars is probably worse than the gold you can make with flasks.
#7MCC1701Posted 1/25/2010 2:23:04 PM
My proc rate for gems is at least 1 in every 5, and I have even gotten a 5-proc off a cardinal ruby once(was a happy druid that day). Since I don't like farming, and herb prices are high on my server, I can make a good deal of money off of cheap gems and eternals for very little effort.

TBH I think elixer mastery has killed the market on my server for flasks. Flasks are so cheap now that the mats are worth more than the flasks, unless you are elixer spec. Becasue of the large amount of elixer spec alchs flasks have gone low in value, at least on my server.

I have no idea about pots, though when I have excess herbs I make those since I make more money off of them than flasks...
---
My name has NOTHING to do with Star Trek!
World of Warcraft: Evok, Night Elf Druid of Bronzebeard