This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Addon to show item drops?

#1brementerPosted 3/12/2010 2:57:10 PM
Instead of grinding away to find 4 grizzly scalps for 20 min, is there an addon that will show which enemies have quest items. Mouse rollover possibly?

Thanks
#2Adder_Mk_2Posted 3/12/2010 3:02:32 PM
Is there an addon that shows a loot window just by putting my mouse over it so if I am farming for something I don't have to loot everything just to see what it has?
---
I personally don't care for it but it got someone's "cooter" wet so I guess he's on the right track >_>-Kyle901
#3wixdfastPosted 3/12/2010 3:12:22 PM
Questhelper
---
Intel i7 920 @ 3.0GHz | GA-EX58-UD3R | BFG Tech GTX280 | 6GB @ 1333MHz | 500GB HDD | ABS Tagan 800W | Antec 1200 | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Windows 7 | Mac OS X
#4ZanimarPosted 3/12/2010 3:14:39 PM
Some how I really doubt this as I'm fairly certain from personal experience that what you loot is entirely randomized until you do the actual looting and quest item loot is determined once you start the looting process.

Here is what I mean: While questing on Bloodmyst Island I get to the naga area with the dead draenei, after turning in the quest I got another quest which is to loot a quest item from the nagas. I proceeded to loot the nagas I already killed before accepting the quest and low and behold, the quest item was looted from the first naja I had killed before even starting the quest. I have done this with almost all of my characters and have even tried a couple characters to loot the bodies before accepting the quest and the item wasn't on them but once I accept the quest it was on the next 1-2 nagas I killed and looted.

So in the end I doubt an addon exists or could even be made to see what items a monsters has before you actually loot it. I think the closest thing you could do is to do a probability table to show what might drop from the moused over monster.
#5XixilPosted 3/12/2010 3:19:15 PM

Instead of grinding away to find 4 grizzly scalps for 20 min, is there an addon that will show which enemies have quest items. Mouse rollover possibly?

Thanks

I have an addon that does this.
Lists the name of the quest, the quest item they drop (if any), how many I have, how many I need total.

Although I'm not entirely sure which addon it is, so here's a list of what it might be:

Xperl
Dominos
Atlas
AtlasLoot
#6XixilPosted 3/12/2010 3:22:00 PM
Oh and to show you what I mean, it looks like this:
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8828/questthing.png
#7GateCaptainPosted 3/12/2010 3:22:41 PM
yeah Questhelper works great, also i think carbonite works good. carboniteaddon.com DONT karma kick me folks ;)
---
GT: Lastgateguard
Achievement points :69`820[WOW name]: Aveliia 80 Hunter
#8XixilPosted 3/12/2010 3:23:57 PM
Important note though: this only shows the mobs that have the POSSIBILITY to drop the item. It does not guarantee a drop from that mob
#9LinkofHyrule991Posted 3/12/2010 3:24:13 PM
I have an addon that does this.
Lists the name of the quest, the quest item they drop (if any), how many I have, how many I need total.

The game does that by default now.
---
You've lost the game. -Near
#10IceMage20Posted 3/12/2010 3:25:24 PM
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/8828/questthing.png

Actually, I don't think that's an addon. I've been seeing that since I started playing a couple months ago, and I didn't have any addons at all for the first couple weeks.
---
Click here to take the idiot test. ~ Glaurungd
^uh i think your link doesnt work, u should learn HMTL ~MooMoo321