This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

can you solo 10-man naxx now

#1ShurikoPosted 4/21/2010 1:37:57 PM
i'm an unholy death knightt
---
desu desu kawaii desu ne
http://i48.tinypic.com/s5xy61.jpg
#2Dman_15Posted 4/21/2010 1:43:04 PM
no
---
Facebook.com/xBOSSTATUSx
#3Gyro822Posted 4/21/2010 2:09:01 PM
yes
---
360 GT/PSN: frostysquirrels
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy IX [Name: Ryuuzaki - Server: Bahamut]
#4adjlPosted 4/21/2010 2:09:52 PM
Yes. Just not successfully.
---
"Your" is possessive. "You're" is a contraction of "You are."
It's not that complicated. Get it right.
#5kujianPosted 4/21/2010 4:16:34 PM
Don't forget the bosses that the mechanics prevent from being solo'ed regardless of the level/gear of the person inside.

Thaddius - You can't fight both adds at once by yourself, and therefore never able to engage the boss.

Four horsemen - You can fight one, the other three will spam AoE.

KT - you get iceblocked, you're going to die without outside heals. The DoT is a percentage of your health, so you can't stam stack around it.

Maexxna - web wrap

Anub - locust swarm

List goes on, and besides, some abilities meant to be used against a group can bug the boss out with only one target. Some Mind Controls and other such incapacitating effects will cause the boss to reset because they don't have any eligible targets while the effect is active.

---
WoW: Batmow, human warrior, thorium brotherhood
i am scarred for my life...nerf sutpidity - _DouglasQuaid
#6MegawizardPosted 4/21/2010 4:20:27 PM
Instructor Raz would hand your butt to you too.

Ya know, that weekly makes me wonder, in the quest text it says:
"It is said that only a death knight personally trained by him could possibly even withstand the prowess of his blade. "

Didn't every player DK get trained by him in the opening quests? XD Yet ya still gotta do the MC stuff. D:
---
"What happens when 2 rockets collide?"-LostProphet24 on TF2
"one becomes a pot of petunias, the other becomes a sperm whale"-scaredofbears
#7Worgen_FreemanPosted 4/21/2010 4:22:40 PM
Eh, you run a few quests with him, I don't think that employs as "personally trained".
---
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Stormreaver&n=Century
#8_AdjI_Posted 4/21/2010 4:23:03 PM
He doesn't really personally train you, though. He just says "here's a sword, go stick it in the forge and beat up one of the dudes chained up over there."
---
This topic needs more Monster. Seriously, go watch it now.
#9XtraTPosted 4/21/2010 4:29:44 PM
Thaddius - You can't fight both adds at once by yourself, and therefore never able to engage the boss.

The adds go thru the door.

KT - you get iceblocked, you're going to die without outside heals. The DoT is a percentage of your health, so you can't stam stack around it.

Highest threat doesn'T get iceblocked.

Maexxna - web wrap

See above

Anub - locust swarm

Doesn't matter.
---
Grand Marshal/Gladiator Priest, Lightplol.
PvE gladiator holy paladin, Lightp.
#10LawberdasherPosted 4/21/2010 5:39:58 PM
List goes on, and besides, some abilities meant to be used against a group can bug the boss out with only one target. Some Mind Controls and other such incapacitating effects will cause the boss to reset because they don't have any eligible targets while the effect is active.

Most bosses that have these abilities don't use them unless there's more than one target. I haven't gone solo in many raids, but from soloing dungeons on my DK, I found that the pet ghoul was more of a hindrance in some places because I would get mind controlled since the pet was an additional target.

---
Juris Doctor